Main has just completed his Bike RV prototype that’s designed as a no-frills caravan that can be towed behind a bicycle for short-stay camping trips and even temporary shelter for homeless people.
The Bike RV has room for a bed, but no much else, and a 50W solar panel provides power for a 12V socket, along with the interior and exterior safety lighting.
German-born Main is currently testing his prototype for 30 days by ‘yard surfing’ in the gardens of various friends and plans to publish the plans on his web site once he’s happy with the design.
He’s a video that shows some background for the Bike RV project:
Related Caravan blog
- Perfect your photographic skills with some free tutorial videos
- 100 Android smartphone apps on sale for 10p each
- 1974 VW Beetle hitch gave a new twist to towing
YouTube is chock full of clips showing old caravans and here’s one interesting snippet that shows how towing technology might have developed in 1974.
- 25% of drivers admit to routinely flouting mobile phone law
Latest Caravan blog
- Going on a hybrid holiday
- Top tips for happy holidays
- This week on Practical Caravan – what have you missed?
- Teeny first steps into caravanning