Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 1 week ago #425297

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 132
Can Bailey make the most of the twin-axle chassis to give the central-washroom Bailey Unicorn Pamplona real wow factor? Just click here to read our review. We'd love to know what you think!
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 1 week ago #425328

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
Shame we were waiting with baited breath and they launched this. No good for wheelchair users with all the doors. I would love to see Bailey do a 8' wide shell with transverse rear bed with split central washroom. I'm also sad to say that for some reason the Unicorn interior is looking a bit dated.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax
Sir Outnumbered WC (4:1)
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Martin24. Reason: Add to comment

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 1 week ago #425420

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 164
Sorry but the bed size ruins it. The bed is simply not big enough for a fair proportion of potential buyers and with this layout you cannot let the feet hang off the end. Bailey needed to find at least a couple of inches more for the bed and without them I just cannot see it working.
Possibly a few will buy without realising how short the bed is which might cause even more problems when they find out.
Ray

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 1 week ago #425425

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
I agree. Having put the layout on a TA, why not make the bed a sensible size. 5ft 10 is the maximum middle line. The curve at the ends will take at least an inch off that, possibly 2, on the areas where folks actually sleep...so that's 5ft 8 or so. No one sleeps with their head against the headboard, so that's another inch or two. So we are down to 5ft 6 to 5ft 7 inches of actual sleeping length. Daft
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 1 week ago #425429

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 154
Mel wrote:
I agree. Having put the layout on a TA, why not make the bed a sensible size. 5ft 10 is the maximum middle line. The curve at the ends will take at least an inch off that, possibly 2, on the areas where folks actually sleep...so that's 5ft 8 or so. No one sleeps with their head against the headboard, so that's another inch or two. So we are down to 5ft 6 to 5ft 7 inches of actual sleeping length. Daft
Mel

5ft 6 to 5ft 7 inches of actual sleeping length. Perfect for me and OH................but as said in previous posts dont like the lay out :(
Oh and I wonder about the re-sale scenario.... they would have to be vertically challenged as well :ohmy:
Sir Gagakev WC (3 BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Symphony Sonata

2017 Bailey Unicorn Pamplona review 1 month 6 days ago #425467

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
Gagakev wrote:
Mel wrote:
Mel

5ft 6 to 5ft 7 inches of actual sleeping length. Perfect for me and OH................but as said in previous posts dont like the lay out :(
Oh and I wonder about the re-sale scenario.... they would have to be vertically challenged as well :ohmy:

We are a similar height and would fit in the bed but at some point we would need to sell it again. It would still worry me that the market was limited to second hand buyers which might destroy the residuals and with a solid wall at the foot it could be claustrophobic.
Ray
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Raywood.

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Bailey Pegasus Ancona review – 1 - The five-berth Bailey Pegasus Ancona has an MTPLM of 1475kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman Vision 630 review – 1 - The twin-axle Coachman Vision 630 is new for 2017 and has an MTPLM of 1669kg (© Nigel Hutson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Compass Capiro 530 review – 1 - The new-for-2017 Compass Capiro 530 has an MTPLM of 1421kg (© Peter Baber/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Challenger 645 review – 1 - The 2017 Swift Challenger 645 has an MTPLM of 1635kg and a 160kg payload (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on