Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ci Wilks

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257163

• Ricey
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I have the opportunity of buying a CI Wilks 6 berth caravan. However, there appears to be very little information available about these caravans. I would be grateful for any advice or comment from anyone who has experience of these caravans.

Kind regards,

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257164

• Lutz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wilk used to be a small German caravan manufacturer who, in the 1970's teamed up in with others (I think Sprite was also included) in a loose joint marketing venture called CI (Caravans International). However, as far as I can gather, CI was never a real success and the various members of the group went their own way again after a few years. Wilk went into liquidation in 1986 and was then taken over by Tabbert, later to become the Knaus Tabbert Group until they went bust last year and were rescued by a Dutch investor. Wilk covered the lower middle class segment of the Knaus Tabbert Group, although they appear to be trying to go further upmarket now.
Lexus RX400h
Dethleffs Beduin 545V

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257165

• Lutz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
ps: Caravans International still exist in name as an Italian manufacturer of the Mizar, Riviera, Elliot, Paddock and Kyros brands of motorhomes.
Lexus RX400h
Dethleffs Beduin 545V

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257166

• car1234
  • Senior Boarder
Spares in the UK will be difficult as they were never officially imported and some insurance will not accept them.

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257167

• Ricey
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the responses folks. I'll go have a look and let the price be the deciding factor (adjusted accordingly for hard to source parts). If I buy it, expect a new 'CI Wilks Questions' topic.

Kind regards and thanks.

Ci Wilks 4 years 9 months ago #257168

CI Wilk - not bad vans but few in UK, CI bought them in 1965 and German makers were so afraid of UK industry they formed an alliance to stop other take-overs. When UK CI went bust in 82 all the company was tragically sliced up and sold off Wilk being one. I would steer clear of the brand as parts and as Peter says insurance will be hard to get. Imported tourers look good on paper, but in practice arent!

jenko
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Bailey Pursuit 560-5 review - At 1441kg, the Bailey Pursuit 560-5 makes a sensible match for a family estate or small SUV, say Practical Caravan's expert reviewers (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman Vision 580/5 review - Coachman's designers made the new Vision range, including the 580/5, look contemporary inside and out, say Practical Caravan's reviewers (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)

Xplore 574

£14,199

The definitive Practical Caravan Xplore 574 review - Elddis revamped its Xplore range as a brand and launched the 574, write Practical Caravan's experts (© Rob Ganley/Practical Caravan)
Practical Caravan reviews Lunar Clubman Saros Edition SE - Practical Caravan's expert reviewers found a lot to like in the Lunar Clubman Saros Edition SE (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on