Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335831

• Mr C
  • Gold Boarder

My Dad was a heating engineer in the North Home Counties, sometimes I went to work with him in the school Hol's, Graham Hill gave me £5 to help push out of the garage his car collection, and then help clean them, met Michael Crawford quite a few times, Alfie Bass (one for the teenagers!), John Gielgud, who for some reason my dad was very wary of, and his friendly man servant, friendly to me, think that was what my Dad was wary of now ! Watched old BW silent movies with Bob Monkhouse, while my Dad was working, I used to love going to work with my Dad, great times.
Empty post (likely not intentional - probably an Internet Explorer issue!)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335832

• Dustydog
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 87

I can't beat that.
My best must be Lord Braykewynde.
Does he count

Sir Dustydog (BAR), Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335833

Dustydog wrote:
I can't beat that.
My best must be Lord Braykewynde.
Does he count

Heh! heh! heh!

Mine was Alan Titchmarsh. I stood next to him having a pee. Needless to say I never bothered shaking his hand 

“If there is anyone on the forum whom I have not insulted, I apologise profusely. ”

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335834

• LMH
  • Platinum Boarder

I've met a few but my most memorable was probably Bono.  Had a long and meaningful conversation with him.  He had a broad Irish accent which seems to have mellowed now.

Lisa 

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335835

• Surfer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5

I met Ian Smith on several occasions and even worked at his house when he was Prime Minister of Rhodesia.  He defied the British government for 12 years and told \the British PM Wilson to go suck eggs.  Pity he is no longer around as the country woudl eb very prosperous now with lots of jobs available!

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335836

• mullsy1
  • Gold Boarder

Worked in the homes of quite a few Liverpool and Everton players(past and present) but the most famous would be Ken Dodd

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335837

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38

Ronnie O Sullivan at a hotel in Plymouth after a snooker championship, he joined in the Young Farmers disco and as I was the DJ he came behind the unit had a little chat and he asked for a record to dance to, (think it was something by the Jam)  mind you he had a drink or two, well tipsy. 
Sir Gagakev WC (2BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Symphony Sonata

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 3 months ago #335838

The Duke of Bedford,Dr Desmond Morris,Sarah Kennedy,John Bonham,Raymond Froggat.Himself has met Her Majesty while she was riding in Sandringham and chatted to Prince Charles regularly at Sandringham.I once met Hannah Hawkswood at a taxi stand at Kings Cross.lovely lady in the true sense.They all had one thing in common,they were just people like us and they all met me!!!!!
                                                Thursdays Child

�Thursdays Child

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 2 months ago #335839

• Auspom
  • Expert Boarder

Peter O Brien star from early "Neighbours", "Flying Doctor" and recently "Australian Underbelly"
Met him in the lift at Liverpools Radio City were i had been interviewed for a presenter/DJ position and he as a guest being interviewed.
Very down to earth guy.
Tony

who's the most famous person you have ever met ? I'll start 3 years 2 months ago #335840

• chrisbee1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
mullsy1 wrote:
Worked in the homes of quite a few Liverpool and Everton players(past and present) but the most famous would be Ken Dodd

Who did he play for? 

chrisbee
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on