Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inverters

Inverters 9 years 3 months ago #17627

I have taken the battery out of my fleetwood to charge. Come to put it back and have pulled the neg lead off the inverter. Can anyone help me with info as to which pin it goes back onto. the oins are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inverters 9 years 3 months ago #17628

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 123
Hello Mel,

I am unable to make any real sense of the detail of your question. Most caravans do not have 'inverters' fitted. If yours does it may not be a standard device, and this makes it difficult to offer any practical advice that will be safe.

Even though you seem to be referring to 12Vdc systems, even 12V dc can be dangerous. there is a serious risk of fire if a battery is shorted out even for just a few seconds.

I think it would be best if you contact your supplying dealer, or arrange for a qualified electrician to re-make the correct connections.

All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith, unless quoted with references, The reader should verify the information provided with relevant professionals before acting on it

Inverters 9 years 3 months ago #17629

• Pete4
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Mel,

Can you confirm you mean "inverter" and not "transformer" ?

Inverters only have two wires to connect to the battery and two wires for the 240volt output.

Pete
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on