Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 6 days ago #257933

Can I ask if anyone has fitted this product which has been advertised in this mag...and reviewed last January..although I didn't see it.

We are having a lot of problems with our pressure switch in our Lunar Lexon and need to possibly replace it. This product sounds like a good buy. It is from the Mid Service Centre Ltd. priced at £38.00 plus pandp.

Any advice or comments greatly appreciated..or if anyone has the back January 09 issue with the write up on ?

Thanks so much for the help...

Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 6 days ago #257934

• Royston
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dare I ask what sort of problems you are having with your pressure switch.

I have a Bailey Provence and on my last trip found that the pressure switch was still not clicking off when any tap that was running was switched off, leaving the red light on against the pump switch.

The problem was that the battery was not up to its full amps causing this to happen.

Found that the mains lead plug had become detached from the charger thus causing the battery amps to fall below the requirement amps required to operate the water pressure switch.

Refitted the mains plug to the charger and the pressure switch worked okay.

Royston

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 6 days ago #257935

• vernon
  • Gold Boarder
Dare I ask what sort of problems you are having with your pressure switch.

I have a Bailey Provence and on my last trip found that the pressure switch was still not clicking off when any tap that was running was switched off, leaving the red light on against the pump switch.

The problem was that the battery was not up to its full amps causing this to happen.

Found that the mains lead plug had become detached from the charger thus causing the battery amps to fall below the requirement amps required to operate the water pressure switch.

Refitted the mains plug to the charger and the pressure switch worked okay.

Royston
The switch is operated by water PRESSURE not Amps.

Probably what was happening, as the battery Voltage was low, the pump was not building up enough pressure to operate the pressure switch to switch the pump off.

�

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 6 days ago #257936

• ProfJohnL
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 133
Hello Vernon,

Royston did not claim 'amps' operated his switch. He may have got his terminology slightly wrong, but I think his inference was clear.

Like you I believe his battery was not fully charged, which meant he output voltage was down, which I turn meant either his pump did not run fast enough to develop the required threshold pressure, or the pump may have stalled through not having enough power available.

All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith, unless quoted with references, The reader should verify the information provided with relevant professionals before acting on it

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257937

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 36
Chrisanne...........

If Royston's advice has not helped your problem, then you should be able to adjust your pressure switch to set the point at which the pump turns off.

I asume the problem is that it fails to shut the pump off.

(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!

GB West Sussex

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257938

Hi all. thanks for your replies...My hubby has continually been trying to fine adjust the pressure switch to no avail..and it just won't turn the pump off... He checked the pump etc. and they are fine. Continually lifting the bedding locker up is driving us mad. Having seen this advert for this switch..it sounded like just what we needed...and wondered if an yone else had fitted one.

Anything really before our next trip to solve this problem.!

Chris.

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257939

just an after thought to add. When we turn the tap on the red light comes on...and the pump keeps running now till we either go under the locker to try to adust the pump or keep switching the pump off at the wall. In any case it just keeps running..and we have tried everything we know to sort it out.!

Chris .

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257940

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 36
........ those symptoms point to the battery voltage not being high enough.

This might be due to a failing 12 volt battery if your power supply/charger is working.

The failure of the power supply/charger is another cause .......but you probably would have noticed this.

Failing that then the pressure switch has a fault.
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!

GB West Sussex

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257941

• Royston
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Apologies for my last statement,

Chrisanne my problem with the water pressure switch was identical to your problem.

Turning any tap off that was being used even though the tap was in the off position the pump kept running , the only way to stop it was to turn the water pressure swith till it clicked off.

Only problem being when you operated a tap to the on position the pump would not work untill you re adjusted the pressure switch .

Happened to look at the volt meter, Horrified to see it was only showing 2 volts, not 13.5 volts when the battery charger is working.

I switched the isolator switch off , meter still showing 2 volts which ment that sometime during my stay on site the charger had ceased to work thus allowing the battery to fall below the critical volts to operate the function of the water pressure switch.

I managed to get the battery charged over night on site , when connected the following morning The battery measured fully charged on the volt meter.

Cancelled my stay on site and headed home, needed the battery to be full strength to operate the motor mover to get the van up the drive.

Contacted my dealer with regards to the mal funtion of the battery charger and the problem with the pressure switch, he confirmed that the possible cause could be the low volts of the battery.

He also gave me some tips to check out the cause of the charger not charging, one of the tips was to remove the qty 4 screws from the front of the white isolator box , which contains fuses for the 12 volt system, internally the mains battery charger which is connected to the 240 volt supply by a plug simular to the type used in electric kettles.Check to see whether the plug had become loose, it had, reconnected it to the socket quiet a tight fit goodness knows how it became loose.

Reconnected the box switched on the isolator switch and the master switch and the volts meter was showing 13.5 volts, reset the water pressure switch to its original setting and operated the taps pump now switching and and off normally.

Ihave learnt a little bit more about curing certain problems.

Royston

Revolutionary Water Pump Pressure Switch 5 years 5 days ago #257942

• otherclive
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a similar problem on the 2005 Bordeaux, had to keep fiddling with the pressuer switch etc. Checked everything but could not find a fault, so fitted the spare (new) Whale pump. Problem went away and has been trouble free for 12 months. Don't know what the problem was with the OEM pump though.

Other Clive
2014 Subaru Forester carrying two dogs and Vango 300 Icarus.
2.8TD auto SWB Pajero as 'fun' car
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on