Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Awning Cleaning & Repair Services

Awning Cleaning & Repair Services 4 years 4 months ago #296475

• sarah647
  • Senior Boarder
We got a bradcot awning with our caravan and we are in two minds as to what to do with it.

The roof looks like its made of waterproof fabric, as are the windows, but the rest of the panels look like heavy duty fabric. In its prime it looks like it was a very good awning.

However, its got a few faults. One small pole is missing, a small hole in the roof is patched with tape, its dirty and it smells musty.

Think we can replace the pole, I'm sure the hole can be repaired, dirt could be cleaned but its the musty smell which puts me off the most.

I've seen ads for cleaning & repair services but they quote around £200. I can buy a new Pyramid Tuscany awning for £300 or a second hand one in good condition for £150 - £200.

So do I pay for the clean & repair service or ditch the old one and buy a new/second hand model? Know nothing about awnings but I do feel the bradcot one seems to be better quality than the pyramid.

Advice greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awning Cleaning & Repair Services 4 years 4 months ago #296476

The best way to clean an awning is to first put the awning up then use an awning cleaner such as Fenwicks awning cleaner.

If your awning smells musty then it sounds as if it has been packed away wet and got mildew, in that case before using the cleaning product I would make up a solution of water and vinigar and spray the awinig with the vinigar solution this will kill the mildew. Then use the fenwicks.

You will need to reproof the awning as mildew attacks the original waterproofing. Again Fenwicks do a re proofer

A bit of a long job and much elbow grease needed but alot cheaper than a new awning.

Hope this helps

Keep working the unemployed need there benifits

Awning Cleaning & Repair Services 4 years 4 months ago #296477

• sarah647
  • Senior Boarder
Found a company locally who do repairs so will give them a call and see what they say. Think they also do the cleaning & re-waterproofing too. Be easier than us doing the work as we don't have anywhere we can erect the awning properly.

Only problem is the missing pole, no one seems to have one. Going to try Bradcot and see if they can help.

Awning Cleaning & Repair Services 4 years 4 months ago #296478

Sarah

Riversway in Preston have a selection of spare poles, you may be lucky.

�
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on