Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Awning adjustment

Awning adjustment 9 years 2 months ago #32855

Hi i am looking at buying a used full awning, but the owner tells me it has been adjusted to be used as both full and porch awning.The zip out side panels feed into the caravan awning rail but only have about 18ins in the rail from the top leaving a large area that is not in the channel.

Any ideas or have i lost the plot

thanks

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awning adjustment 9 years 2 months ago #32856

Hi Andy, it sounds as though this chap has had the awning converted to a porch because it is too small for his caravan, the sides should have padded sleeves and two extra poles to hold these sleeves against the caravan wall, to keep draughts out.

My advice would be, leave it alone, there are plenty of second hand awnings out there!

Best wishes, Andrew.

Andrew 
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Unicorn III Valencia - Bailey listened to critics in 2014 and has come up with a more streamlined exterior for the 2015 Unicorn III Valencia (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)
2015 Compass Rallye 530 - The 2015 Compass Rallye 530 is a good looking caravan for couples (© Practical Caravan)
Sterling Eccles Sport 524 side view - There are new one-piece doors in the Sterling Eccles Sport 524, as well as those shiny 'Scorpion' alloy wheels – but the most exciting changes are inside (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Lifestyle 2 review 1 - The Swift Lifestyle 2 works well in the evening, but – with its panoramic sunroof – it really shines during the day (© Bob Atkins/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on