Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: so who uses which heater?

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353034

hi all,
in my quest to find us a van i just wondered which was the most popular heating system?
i know the most modern ones use a central heating system which would be fantastic...but....ours is going to be an early 90's van i reckon (price etc) so what do you think?
nick

never do today what you can put off until tomorrow..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353035

• NigelHutson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6

The most popular in terms of what's fitted to caravans is without doubt the Truma blown air system. Going back to the 90's you'll probably find it's the very neat Carver system (Carver being taken over by Truma I believe).
Having had Carver, Truna and Alde systems, my favourite is the Alde, but it's the most expensive and complicated. Each has it's own merits. 

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus 

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353036

• emmerson
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

our 1979 Royale is fitted with blown air heating, but we only use it when on non-electric sites. On mains we use two small 750w oil filled radiators, one at each end of the van. If it gets REALLY cold, then we supplement thse with a fan heater, but that is very rare.

It's better in a Royale!

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353037

• slowsod
  • Junior Boarder

Hi we have a Abbey twin axle GT 418t she's getting on now but it has a Alde hot water heating system and it still work's great.
from Neil54

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353038

• abi2
  • Fresh Boarder
have truma with blown air, it works fine on gas or EHU .,

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353039

abi 2 wrote:
have truma with blown air, it works fine on gas or EHU .,
same here although we tend not to use the van when it really cold more often than not the blown air is used to cool the van down rather than heat it, if it gets chilly during the spring or autumn nights I usually flick the wall heater on for a couple of hours.

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353040

many thanks for all replies i'm getting a list of basic requirements for when we find our first van...

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353041

• Mel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 37

You may find price, age and layout dictate which heating system you end up with.
mel
Queen mel

may the road rise up to meet you
may the wind be always at your back...

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353042

hi,
the price i am going to have to pay to get what i want is increasing all the time it seems...

so who uses which heater? 2 years 8 months ago #353043

• DianneT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

We are quite happy with our Truma hot air system.  Think you will find more caravans fitted with this than anything else.
Outfit:- Elddis Crusader Storm & Kia Sorento. Joys of Caravanning Website www.joysofeuopeancaravanning.co.uk
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Unicorn III Valencia - Bailey listened to critics in 2014 and has come up with a more streamlined exterior for the 2015 Unicorn III Valencia (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)
2015 Compass Rallye 530 - The 2015 Compass Rallye 530 is a good looking caravan for couples (© Practical Caravan)
Sterling Eccles Sport 524 side view - There are new one-piece doors in the Sterling Eccles Sport 524, as well as those shiny 'Scorpion' alloy wheels – but the most exciting changes are inside (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Lifestyle 2 review 1 - The Swift Lifestyle 2 works well in the evening, but – with its panoramic sunroof – it really shines during the day (© Bob Atkins/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on