Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: slow or what

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304149

• forestgump
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

is this the slowest  forum you know i have got the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry fell asleep will it was changing topic.

tabbert paganini and robin reliant 3x3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304150

• forestgump
  • Platinum Boarder

sorry it is so slow i hit the save button and nothing so i hit again still nothing but it came up twice.

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304151

slow i have seen faster snails, some body needs to throw another log on steam powered thing running the computer that end. 

Keep working the unemployed need there benifits

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304152

• forestgump
  • Platinum Boarder

just watched a snail go across the decking to the plants some 10 yards away,hes had a good feed and strolls back.Huuummm thats slow he waves as he goes buy and giggles at me still on the same pc forum page as i was on when he set out.

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304153

Ok,,,,,, I think the message has got through, no need for a blow by blow account of every 5 minutes.

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304154

This reminds me of a puter I had about ten years ago. God it was slow, but in those days it was fast. Dosen't time fly!!!
Graham

2006 Landrover Freelander TD4
2004 Swift Challenger 500se
Powrtouch Motor Mover

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304155

• Parksy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Enjoyin' Life
  • Thank you received: 65

Parksy (speed test)
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304156

• Sproket
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • And member of the Woosie club
  • Thank you received: 67
Parksy - Moderator wrote:
Parksy (speed test)

http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

Sir Sproket CJ (BAR).

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304157

Parksy - Moderator wrote:
Parksy (speed test)

Speed test!! what do you mean speed test, nothing wrong with my broadband connection.

I thought all the old coal boilers had been replaced with new gas ones these days Steve, Anybody got a shilling!!
Graham

2006 Landrover Freelander TD4
2004 Swift Challenger 500se
Powrtouch Motor Mover

slow or what 4 years 3 months ago #304158

• Parksy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Enjoyin' Life
  • Thank you received: 65

I wasn't suggesting that forum members test the speed of their broadband.
Damian and myself were discussing in another topic the slowness of the website.

www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/our-website/forum-speed-0

Luckily for me the forum topics load time is only between three and five seconds, fairly normal. I mentioned that my Virgin Broadband connection is only the cheapo version, about 2mb while Damian's is running at around 18mb. If my broadband was of the same speed and capacity as Damian's this computer wouldn't need a mouse or keyboard - it would work by using telepathy!
I hit 'Save' in the other thread and then clicked to this thread then I entered a post which said 'Parksy (speed test)' which was all that I could think of at the time.
I think that the time elapsed between clicking Save on the other thread, switching to this one, typing my words, clicking Save on THIS thread and the post loading etc was about 1 minute 9 seconds.
If you take into account my useless two finger typing speed and less than perfect manual dexterity coupled by the relatively low speed of my own broadband connection then the 'loading speed' for me on this website is fairly normal.

That being the case if Haymarket webtechs can identify the difference between my set up and Damians or others who are experiencing very low forum speed they might be able to solve the problem
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Swift Lifestyle 2 review 1 - The Swift Lifestyle 2 works well in the evening, but – with its panoramic sunroof – it really shines during the day (© Bob Atkins/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Quasar 586 review 1 - Smart new decals and wheel spats are among the few changes in the appearance of the Lunar Quasar 586 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Cruiser review 1 - The wide body and the stylish grey GRP sidewalls hint at the luxurious feel of the Buccaneer Cruiser's interior (© Practical Caravan)
Practical Caravan's Standard Pod review 1 - Fans of teardrop tourers will doubtless be charmed by the Standard Pod's retro style (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on