Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: its oh so quiet

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306172

Is it me but ever since the forum changed it seems to have gone very quiet, maybe its because the forum is so damm slow although I love the new look it aint gonna work if no one uses it.

Please sort it out before its too late, it really is a pool of information, but the pool is drying out !!!!

Keep working the unemployed need there benifits
The administrator has disabled public write access.

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306173

• austin
  • Junior Boarder

Are you saying that it is still slow?
We changed servers yesterday, (Thursday) and it is now going a lot quicker than it was.

I just work here

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306174

The site is a lot quicker now, but there are only 6 users on line( or showing as on line) but with it being the start of the Bank Holiday, that does not surprise me.

I expect many are away for the weekend

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306175

Slow or not I don't really care after tomorrow.

I sure don't quite know how to break this to y'all (typed in best southern drawl) but I'm doggone away on a 4 week jolly on Sunday  :O)

I know ya'll (and agin) will be sure amissin' me but it wonna be lorng afore Ima back so go dry dem tears.

Hopefully when I get back the site will be all singin' 'n' dancin'   :O)

“If there is anyone on the forum whom I have not insulted, I apologise profusely. ”

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306176

• DianneT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

By the looks of the road outside out house yesterday all caravans have gone to Norfolk and Suffolk.  We re now staying with friends in their Static van on the Suffolk coast for the weekend.  Weather lovely this morning, Sunny and warm. Free wifi and good.
I think the new website is brilliant and thanks to everyone at PC for making it work.  Once all the holidays are over I am sure it will be very busy indeed. The problem is withnearly everyone changing their names you don't know who is who.

Outfit:- Elddis Crusader Storm & Kia Sorento. Joys of Caravanning Website www.joysofeuopeancaravanning.co.uk

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306177

Oh my mistake Its alot quicker today, must have been my end last night that was slow. As for it being quiet, well I forgot it was bank holiday maybe because I am working this one.

Keep up the good work chaps, and long may the information keep flowing  :-)

Keep working the unemployed need there benifits

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306178

• forestgump
  • Platinum Boarder

it dose seem to lost its sparkle.

tabbert paganini and robin reliant 3x3

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306179

I have to admit I did prefer the old forum - it was far easier to follow regarding new postings, etc. as the appropriate heading always came to the top of the section list. Still who am I to complain - I am just a small cog in a very big wheel LOL.

colin

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306180

• seth1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

I also prefered it,suppose its what were used to.I had no beef with the old forum and still have no beef with the revamped version.I think maybe one problem was it was a swine of a job to re-configure to this later revamped forum for me anyway, dont know about anyone else? Maybe no one can be bothererd with the hassle of changing over.I realise a lot of names have changed,but there seems to be alot of people missing.
seth

its oh so quiet 4 years 2 months ago #306181

• Oldsalt49
  • Platinum Boarder

I've been having the same thoughts, since the change-over there have been less postings, some of the characters from the old forum seem to have disappeared. There also seems to be less fun on here now. It feels like a close relative has died and we are all in mourning. I have had a post in Towcars called "Land Rover Discovery 3 good or bad????" which started about a month or 2 ago disappear, even though I had added a thread to it 3 days ago. If I google the title of the post I find it, but when I do a search on the forum its not here???? So folks whats gone wrong, and why fix something that was not broken???
Run silent - Run deep - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Ocelot, Porpoise, Onslaught.
Kia Sorento KX-2 2.2 CRDi Auto / 2014 Coachman Vision 565
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Swift Lifestyle 2 review 1 - The Swift Lifestyle 2 works well in the evening, but – with its panoramic sunroof – it really shines during the day (© Bob Atkins/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Quasar 586 review 1 - Smart new decals and wheel spats are among the few changes in the appearance of the Lunar Quasar 586 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Cruiser review 1 - The wide body and the stylish grey GRP sidewalls hint at the luxurious feel of the Buccaneer Cruiser's interior (© Practical Caravan)
Practical Caravan's Standard Pod review 1 - Fans of teardrop tourers will doubtless be charmed by the Standard Pod's retro style (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on