Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: M.I.R.O

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304427

Hi All
Could you help?
What does the miro include is it just the weight of the van as it came out of the factory?
Or does it include things like the battery and the spare wheel?

Thanks Mark.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304428

• Dustydog
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 92

Hi Mark
Here's the definition from the Caravan Club web site. They have definitions for most caravan terms.

[url=#Caravan]caravan[/url] or [url=#Motor Caravan]motor caravan[/url] equipped to the manufacturer's standard specification. i.e. The condition in which it leaves the factory. Note that this does not include any part of the [url=#User Payload]user payload[/url], including the [url=#Essential Habitation Equipment]essential habitation equipment[/url].
Sir Dustydog (BAR), Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304429

• Royston
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Hi mark what ever is in the caravan when it leaves the factory is included in the MIRO.
That is why a lot of new caravans are heavier than their predecessors
Bailey Pageants the only extra was the spare wheel plus the underslung frame assy, which was included in the MIRO.
Nowadays you get radios micro ovens sometimes tellies all included in the MIRO.
Batteries, are not included in the MIRO up to you to select what type you require then add to the MIRO.
Royston

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304430

• Platinum Boarder

The MIRO is a generic weight appliacble to a model range. As mentioned it takes no account of upgrades, or equipment added afterwards. One can assume the MIRO is the lowest figure you will see, and in most cases your actual van will be heavier. Therefore if you wish to be absolutely sure, then take it to a weighbridge.

It is the same issue with kerbweights listed for cars.

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304431

• JTQ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14

But its all about to change , September this year I think I read, and the MIRO must be a habitable/usable state excluding personal items.
So battery, and I believe a gas cylinder are in the new definition.
Its about time; this has been the case with German delivered vans for many years.

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304432

• ProfJohnL
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148

Hi JTQ, 

just wondering what is your source for this information please?
All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith, unless quoted with references, The reader should verify the information provided with relevant professionals before acting on it

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304433

• JTQ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Prof John L wrote:
Hi JTQ, 

just wondering what is your source for this information please?
Sorry JL but unfortunately I can not at the moment remember where I read it, though it was only last week.  An age thing I suppose.
If I find it I will come back. 
JTQ

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304434

I also read about the changes to the MIRO figure to include an up and running unit.
Like SL I cannot remember where I saw it ...........damn

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304435

• Mel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 35

I read it too! I,m afraid it is in the Sept issue of Go Caravan (awful mag) on page 10. Says it is anew EU directive "Whole Vehicle Type Approval".  Eldiss (for Buccanneer range) and Swift (for Charisma and Europas) are the first British manufacturers to obtain type approval.  Payloads will sem to come down but nothing will change as 30kg of weight that covered gas and water in the water heater which were previously part of payload will now be in the MIRO.

mel
Queen mel

may the road rise up to meet you
may the wind be always at your back...

M.I.R.O 4 years 3 months ago #304436

• KeithJ
  • Platinum Boarder

So how much will they assume the gas cylinder/s weigh/s ?

Keith

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Swift Lifestyle 2 review 1 - The Swift Lifestyle 2 works well in the evening, but – with its panoramic sunroof – it really shines during the day (© Bob Atkins/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Quasar 586 review 1 - Smart new decals and wheel spats are among the few changes in the appearance of the Lunar Quasar 586 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Cruiser review 1 - The wide body and the stylish grey GRP sidewalls hint at the luxurious feel of the Buccaneer Cruiser's interior (© Practical Caravan)
Practical Caravan's Standard Pod review 1 - Fans of teardrop tourers will doubtless be charmed by the Standard Pod's retro style (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on