Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Truma water pump

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352826

• Surfer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

At least 3 or 4 times in the past few months the head on our water pump has fallen apart due to moving it from one barrel to another or just removing it from the input side on the caravan.  Yesterday the thing literally jumped apart and even one of the terminals came off.  This new style pump seems to be very flimsy around the head part.
Ant one else experience issues with the pump coming to pieces?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352827

If by the head you mean the pistol grip, then yes, numerous cases of them falling apart.
They are only held together by very flimsy plastic clips and you have to exercise great care in handling them

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352828

• woodsieboy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

We had the same thing happen,I used a plastic run up around the outside so far no more problems

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352829

• waffler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

I have had nothing but difficulty with my pistol input- 3 yaers now. It seems to use an o ring every twice out, the hosuing had to be replaced and now the electrical connections are iffy. How is this an improvement on the old Carver or Whale inputs?

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352830

• Surfer
  • Platinum Boarder
Damian-Moderator wrote:
If by the head you mean the pistol grip, then yes, numerous cases of them falling apart.
They are only held together by very flimsy plastic clips and you have to exercise great care in handling them

Yes it is the pistol grip that keeps falling apart as it is not very robust.  Seems it is designed for a static caravan with a mains water adaptor where you never have to move the pump around when changing barrels!

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352831

• snowdrop
  • Gold Boarder

Yep, I've had problems with the pistol grip as well. I made a mod last autumn by slpping a piece of grip heatshrink tube over the rear of the grip and the first couple of inches of pipe. When it shrinks down it grips the parts together and helps prevent the twisting action of the pipe against the grip. I will mean I have to cut the heat shrink off if I ever need to get into the pistol grip but for about £4 I get enough to re do it several times if needed. It has thousands of other uses as well and even makes a nice warm anti slip grip for an Aquaroll handle.

Truma water pump 2 years 1 month ago #352832

• Surfer
  • Platinum Boarder
graham_somersham wrote:
Yep, I've had problems with the pistol grip as well. I made a mod last autumn by slpping a piece of grip heatshrink tube over the rear of the grip and the first couple of inches of pipe. When it shrinks down it grips the parts together and helps prevent the twisting action of the pipe against the grip. I will mean I have to cut the heat shrink off if I ever need to get into the pistol grip but for about £4 I get enough to re do it several times if needed. It has thousands of other uses as well and even makes a nice warm anti slip grip for an Aquaroll handle.
Thanks Graham.  Excellent idea ref the heat shrink as much better idea than super glue.

Truma water pump 2 years 3 weeks ago #352833

• Surfer
  • Platinum Boarder

Darn thing came apart again this morning and this time the water pipe came off the pistol grip part.  Took it to the dealers who advised that they have had a couple of them do this.  They replaced the jubilee clip and bonded the water pipe to the pistol grip part.
  • Page:

Follow us on