Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hyundai Santa Fe 2015

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 1 week ago #424762

• Alanbrooke
  • Junior Boarder
I posted a topic about using a Mazda CX5 to tow my 1700kg Buccaneer Argosy. I recently bought a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe after taking the advice I received. Thanks to all who replied to the topic.
I bought a used Santa Fe 2.2Crdi 200PS auto from a Main Dealer - one year old and 8500 miles, the latest version. A lovely car to drive.
Question: service is due at 20,000 miles or 2 years. Do Santa Fe owners recommend the intermediate service at 12,500 miles/1 year and would they recommend an oil change at 12,500 miles? I shall tow about 5000 miles next year. The dealer said not to bother. After driving VW powered cars for the last 11 years I am used to service at 12,500 miles.
Advice gratefully received.
Alan

Alan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 6 days ago #424768

• saint-spoon
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
personally I would do it annually but I have always done that with my cars. Diesels last longer with regular oil changes and as you SF will have a timing chain rather than belt it will enjoy having fresh oil. I get mine done with the MOT each year but obviously you won't be worrying about that for a year or two. My SF is 2010 with 100k on the clock but I only do around 5-6000 a year but still get a full annual service.
if your service book says 20,000 or 2 years you can always get the garage to give you a stamp on the invoice to say that they did an interim service.
Hyundia Santa FE 2.2 CRDI 4x4 tugging an Adria altea 552 Tamar... just the wife, the organic alarm clocks (kids) and myself.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 6 days ago #424770

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
Hi Alan, On my SF I averge around 15k miles a year, and do the interim service at the10k miles.2014 SF. But I paid for the 5 servicings up front. My dealer also said not to bother with the interim as the modern oil is ok for the 2 years 20k. I would rather change my oil at the 10 k mark.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424859

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 215
If the car is a year old then you might need to claim under the guarantee at some point. If the manufacturers require an interim service and it has not been done then they might reject a claim. You will need to decide if you want to take the risk.
Ray

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424861

• chrisbee1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Times change and so does the quality of engines and oils. If the manufacturer states 20000 miles or 2 years why on earth would you not believe them and pay for extra oil? Next someone will recommend doing a 'decoke' every 6000 miles like they did on their Morris Minor. ;)

chrisbee

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424862

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
Chrisbe, I agree with you about the oils being improved , but there is the clause, that states if you are towing a trailer you may need to increase the servicing due to the increased loads on the engine and transaxle, so on page 5/94 of my Hyundai SF manual it states just that. I do the interim servicing so that if I do have a problem and have to do a warranty claim I am covered.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424870

• MichaelE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
If I had 2 year intervals I would do an oil change every year.
No harm in putting fresh oil in every year.
I had castrol long life oil in my audi and the castrol rep told me to drain in out and put Mobil 1 in and stick to yearly intervals

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424874

• chrisbee1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
MichaelE wrote:
If I had 2 year intervals I would do an oil change every year.
No harm in putting fresh oil in every year.
I had castrol long life oil in my audi and the castrol rep told me to drain in out and put Mobil 1 in and stick to yearly intervals

I totally agree, it won't do any harm but it won't do much good either. Are you suggesting oil only lasts a year?

chrisbee

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424876

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 160
My D-max is 2 years or 12k. We do about 5k p/a so we will be taking it for it's second service next year at 4 years old. This year was MOT only, no service.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax
Sir Outnumbered WC (4:1)

Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 5 months 3 days ago #424878

• MichaelE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Oil lasts as long as you want it too
As soon as it starts to be used it's degrading
You never see premeture wear until it's too late.
BMW,'s tell you when it's due a change mine was 6 months earlier than a co worker .he did more miles than me but I tow with mine.
You pay your money and makes your choice.

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan 2017 Coachman VIP 565 review – 1 - The VIP’s looks have stayed fairly constant since 2012, yet it remains a desirable luxury tourer – plus, the front gas locker door boasts double locks (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Caravelair Antarès 476 review – 1 - The Caravelair Antarès 476's quirky, one 'eye' looks hint at the unusual layout inside – it has an MTPLM of 1200kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Galera review – 1 - The silver sides are new and give the 2017-season Buccaneer caravans a distinctive, upmarket look (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Hymer Nova GL 470 review – 1 - Its external styling is a little boxy and retro, but there's no getting away from the Hymer Nova GL 470's £27,690 price and 1700kg MTPLM (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on