Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45071

• ProfJohnL
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
There was so much what I believe was justified outcry when the police man " tested" his new car at speeds of up to 159 mph on public roads and was acquitted, he did not display blue lights or sirens and was not responding to an emergency situation.

I personally can find no justification for the officer's behaviour, which for any other member of the public would have resulted in at least a heavy fine and probably a significant ban.

The police have access to private tracks where driving skills can be taught and developed where the potential risk of injury to other road users is controlled.

I have no personal animosity toward the officer, but I am sure it is right that this action should be held to account, and that if he was acting with the instruction and knowledge of his senior officers, that they are also brought to book.

Contrast this episode with the ambulance driver who was fined for speeding whilst delivering a donor organ where time was of the essence. He would have been acquitted if he had a patient on board.

All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith, unless quoted with references, The reader should verify the information given with relevant professionals
The administrator has disabled public write access.

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45072

All though against the law, the guy was showing that he is human like the rest of us.

I have driven at over 40 mph faster on public roads than the officer, having assesed the risks I still consider that the risks taken some years ago were some what minimal.

The guy is going to retrial so we need to wait and see what happens.

If the guy had been on an emergency shout and hit those speeds and higher. He would be under pressure and stress, track driving can never be klike road conditions.

There seem to be near hysteria levels over this guys quite natural action.

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45073

• PaulA3
  • Platinum Boarder
If I recall correctly it was his Police collegues who reported him after seeing the incar video. I have a feeling that theres a bit more to this officer than just this incident, for his collegues to take this action.

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45074

• rayc
  • Platinum Boarder
The actions of the Policeman did not break any police rules. He had immunity from breaking the speed limit if he could show that he was doing so in the execution of his duty.

The person who caused this problem was the Chief Constable of West Mercia Police. As the Recorder at his original trial said' it is ironic that the people prosecuting this man are the same people who provided the high speed vehicle and trained him to drive at these speeds. He castigated the Police for not having a procedure in place for 'when and how a pursuit driver could practice his high speed skill on the highway.'

This Policeman is paying the price of the draconian enforcement of motorists who are a few miles over the speed limit. The actions of the Police in supporting the camera partnerships has caused a major lack of trust between the public and the Police.

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45075

Jealousy ;-)

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45076

All though against the law, the guy was showing that he is human like the rest of us.

I have driven at over 40 mph faster on public roads than the officer, having assesed the risks I still consider that the risks taken some years ago were some what minimal.

If the guy had been on an emergency shout and hit those speeds and higher. He would be under pressure and stress, track driving can never be klike road conditions.

What can travel at 199 mph ?

�

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45077

What can travel at 199 mph ?
Whats orange and travels at 199 mph ?...An E type carrot.

�

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45078

Suzuki Hyabusa with a little tuning!

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45079

• Tina3
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi ALL

I doubt if the ambulance had a patient on board he would of been aquitted at 70mph never mind 159 !!! The general rule is on an emergency 20mph over the speed limit for that road is "acceptable" but NOT rule,anything over and its just as liable for dangerous driving,I also see NO excuse for this officers speed apart from the attitide who's gonna stop me and a bit of red mist,he's supposed to be an example to all the young hotheads out there! He should be seen to be punished !

�

159 mph copper - Good sence prevails at last 8 years 2 months ago #45080

• Tina3
  • Platinum Boarder
The actions of the Policeman did not break any police rules. He had immunity from breaking the speed limit if he could show that he was doing so in the execution of his duty.

The person who caused this problem was the Chief Constable of West Mercia Police. As the Recorder at his original trial said' it is ironic that the people prosecuting this man are the same people who provided the high speed vehicle and trained him to drive at these speeds. He castigated the Police for not having a procedure in place for 'when and how a pursuit driver could practice his high speed skill on the highway.'

This Policeman is paying the price of the draconian enforcement of motorists who are a few miles over the speed limit. The actions of the Police in supporting the camera partnerships has caused a major lack of trust between the public and the Police.
But he wasnt executing his duty,i.e on an emergency,there are very few emergencys that call for that speed !.

�

Follow us on