Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BREAKDOWN COVER

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46292

We currently do not have breakdown cover for our vehicle/caravan.

Can anyone suggest a company?

Thanks - Lolly x
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46293

Hi lolly,

We have the CC Mayday breakdown cover - Green Flag. We've never actually had to use it. I read a thread on here somewhere that if you don't use one of the club covers, you are restricted on the length of your outfit should you need recovery. No doubt somebody can offer a bit more advice on that. I think the C&CC uses RAC.
Discovery and Bessacarr 625GL

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46294

Hi lolly,

We have the CC Mayday breakdown cover - Green Flag. We've never actually had to use it. I read a thread on here somewhere that if you don't use one of the club covers, you are restricted on the length of your outfit should you need recovery. No doubt somebody can offer a bit more advice on that. I think the C&CC uses RAC.
thanks Wendy

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46295

hi lolly c&cc rac arival cover no limet on lenght of van and good service in my experence hope i don't have to use it . happy vanning peter

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46296

• chrissie2
  • Platinum Boarder
hi lolly c&cc rac arival cover no limet on lenght of van and good service in my experence hope i don't have to use it . happy vanning peter
Yes, RAC Arrival gives excellent cover - we have used it twice (in about 15 years!), once in Spain, once in France. We have never so far had to use it in the UK for the caravan, but have used it here for the ususal car-related problems, when we have had the normal RAC service.

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46297

• mikeE
  • Platinum Boarder
Breakdown cover is included in my car insurance with Zurich. Car and caravan rescue insurance is with More Than which was cheapest on the internet that met my requirements including continental cover. I have never had to call upon them - touch wood - so cannot comment on standards of service .

Mike E

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46298

I have had to use "Mayday" through the Caravan Club on 3 occasions ( 2 with caravan attached ) and found the service first class. On both times with the caravan there was no problem with taking us on to our destination,leaving the caravan on site and taking the car on to the garage for repair. I feel it is excellent value for the money.

Hpoe this will be of help to you and that whatever company you finish up using you won't require their services.

William

William

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46299

• GillC1
  • Platinum Boarder
Lolly,

I have just switched from Rac to Mayday, the main problem with RAC is that if it is your caravan that need recovery the RAC don't want to know, if your car is broken down they will recover both but if there is no problem with the car they will not just recover the caravan.

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46300

we are in the process of changing from the AA to Cc mayday. saves 20 quid a year and guaranteed recovery of caravan in the event of a breakdown / accident. after reading small print AA cant guarantee this and definitely not if theres a fault with just the caravan

BREAKDOWN COVER 8 years 5 months ago #46301

• Colinn
  • Platinum Boarder
Nobody's mentioned Mondial Assistance, which sent me details of their service in the autumn and seemed a good bet for the new season. Can't vouch for them as i haven't signed up yet, but they offer stand alone caravan breakdown recovery cover for
�
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Bailey Pursuit 560-5 review - At 1441kg, the Bailey Pursuit 560-5 makes a sensible match for a family estate or small SUV, say Practical Caravan's expert reviewers (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman Vision 580/5 review - Coachman's designers made the new Vision range, including the 580/5, look contemporary inside and out, say Practical Caravan's reviewers (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)

Xplore 574

£14,199

The definitive Practical Caravan Xplore 574 review - Elddis revamped its Xplore range as a brand and launched the 574, write Practical Caravan's experts (© Rob Ganley/Practical Caravan)
Practical Caravan reviews Lunar Clubman Saros Edition SE - Practical Caravan's expert reviewers found a lot to like in the Lunar Clubman Saros Edition SE (© Tim Andrew/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on