Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448481

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1550
Hello Dusty

I did make the point it needs to be used quite a lot to make it to make it worth while. Its ultimately down to the individuals, and of course there may be other factors such as health issues, that will influence their decisions.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448484

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1142
ProfJohnL wrote:
Hello Dusty

I did make the point it needs to be used quite a lot to make it to make it worth while. Its ultimately down to the individuals, and of course there may be other factors such as health issues, that will influence their decisions.
Prof,
My in laws , bless their souls had a static at Bidford on Avon. The annual ground rent and maintenance charge was more than most of us would pay for touring site fees in a year. So sorry but I can’t support that suggestion on here.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448485

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1376
When we sold our last outfit in 2014 everything went including the car. We came to the decision not on any cost grounds, more the frustration of having things sitting around and not being used for our enjoyment. Then in late 2016 we decided that there was light at the end of our particular tunnel and rejoined the community. That entailed selling a very nice non-tow car in order to get ourselves an outfit that we could enjoy. We Have still not exited the tunnel, but I can say that we do enjoy our trips away in the
caravan. Although if I looked hard at the amortised cost per night I would probably have apoplexy. But what's the alternative? Fishing or golf :-)
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448487

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1142
Golf :woohoo:
Have you seen the membership fees, green fees, equipment fees Bar fees....." as bad as caravanning :evil:
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448490

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1376
Dustydog wrote:
Golf :woohoo:
Have you seen the membership fees, green fees, equipment fees Bar fees....." as bad as caravanning :evil:

Oops clearly inserted the wrong emoji. To be able to play golf I'd need to be reasonably mobile. In which case id rather take a dog/dogs for a good walk.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

BEST TWIN AXLE FIRST VAN AROUND 7 K 1 year 4 months ago #448514

• Momo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree whole heartedly with you regards the cost.
But it's so lovely to get away from the norm and wind down not that I'm wound up I'm not but I'm sure you grasp my meaning. Plus one of our sons has caravan and our daughter has too so we most times book sites together and its brilliant the grandkids trip in and out couldn't be better its a great family adventure. Our middle son had caravan also and the 3 of us normally went on site beside each other but he's not in our group anymore as his job took him to permanently live in Thailand. Our oldest son isn't interested in doing it at all his loss wont even come visit us we're tired asking them to stop over even but no it doesn't happen guess it's not everybody's cup of tea eh.
I'm concerned when the day dawns that we have to consider a static God willing that I'm not disappointed doing so as i imagine its not really much of a break away as a touring caravan is easy to keep clean but statics are so big more like bungalows that you have as much cleaning in them as have at home please static owners tell me I got that so wrong please....yes? :blush:
I am the way the truth and the life no one cometh unto the Father but by me..Jesus said.John 14v6

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)