• Page:

TOPIC: quality 4-berth with less beige

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 4 weeks ago #458452

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1203
ProfJohnL wrote:
rickit2004 wrote:
Thanks - and great call out about the car. I have a 3L diesel Jaguar XF shooting brake, thus the 1600Kg limit. I'm unlikely to change it anytime soon. I'm a GenX, so I lucked out with the licences :)

I haven't looked at Hobby. I must admit, the weight of the caravans has really surprised me. I figured I hard a really good tow car, but so many are out of my bracket. Makes me wonder at vehicles I pass on the motorway.

Sorry but perhaps i'm old fashioned but I have no idea what you mean by "Gen X. and " Lucked out"

Generation x are 25-34 year olds as opposed to Snowflakes, Millenials, Generation Y, Baby boomers or as my wife and I were told a couple of weeks ago “ I am not going to be bullied by a couple of oldies” The protagonist lost that one and cut the Leylandii hedge, and put her house on the market.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 4 weeks ago #458463

• rickit2004
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
No disagreement from me.

We have spent a bunch of time in and out of caravans to make sure we can get a layout that works for us. Colour i very important for me in my home life, thus why is is part of the considerations. While I can get soft furnishing reupholstered it is an extra cost that I would not like to have if it can be avoided.

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 4 weeks ago #458464

• rickit2004
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
otherclive wrote:
ProfJohnL wrote:
rickit2004 wrote:
Thanks - and great call out about the car. I have a 3L diesel Jaguar XF shooting brake, thus the 1600Kg limit. I'm unlikely to change it anytime soon. I'm a GenX, so I lucked out with the licences :)

I haven't looked at Hobby. I must admit, the weight of the caravans has really surprised me. I figured I hard a really good tow car, but so many are out of my bracket. Makes me wonder at vehicles I pass on the motorway.

Sorry but perhaps i'm old fashioned but I have no idea what you mean by "Gen X. and " Lucked out"

Generation x are 25-34 year olds as opposed to Snowflakes, Millenials, Generation Y, Baby boomers or as my wife and I were told a couple of weeks ago “ I am not going to be bullied by a couple of oldies” The protagonist lost that one and cut the Leylandii hedge, and put her house on the market.

Not quite. GenX are the children of the forgotten generation, the latter being born between the wars. GenX are those born between 1965 and 1984. The oldest GenX is now in their 50s. We are a very small generation. GenX is a misfit generation, in that society has bias towards the older boomers ('45 to '64) and now is bias towards the younger millenials (85-99). Post 2000 are the GenZ.

I was being sardonic with 'lucked out' a in most cases GenX has suffered due to being out of step with social policy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 4 weeks ago #458478

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1436
rickit2004 wrote:

I was being sardonic with 'lucked out' a in most cases GenX has suffered due to being out of step with social policy.

I'm sorry but this still makes no sense to me, We have two definitions of Gen X, why not avoid ambiguity by using the age group or period you are referring to?

And you still have not clarified whet "Lucked out" means , you suggest out of step with social policy, but I am not aware of any defined social policy so your point is still a mystery.

please clarify?
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 4 weeks ago #458479

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1229
ProfJohnL wrote:
rickit2004 wrote:

I'm sorry but this still makes no sense to me, We have two definitions of Gen X, why not avoid ambiguity by using the age group or period you are referring to?

And you still have not clarified whet "Lucked out" means , you suggest out of step with social policy, but I am not aware of any defined social policy so your point is still a mystery.
please clarify?
We're not the grammar police, both phrases are colloquial terms and if you really have no idea what they mean then use Google to find out if you're curious. If your enter what does 'lucked out' mean? in the Google search box you can navigate to urban dictionaries which will supply good definitions.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anseo

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 3 weeks ago #458480

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 601
A simple age or yes or no to a pre 97 licence would've done !!
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 3 weeks ago #458508

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 421
Most of us will use terms relevant to new popular usage from time to time, 'lucked out' meaning 'unfortunately in this circumstance' (or something similar).

OK, as we evolve so does language, I'm not against it but sometimes some of the new terms are annoying and often short lived.

My pet hate at the moment is "so", people who start every or most sentences or replies with bloody 'SO' get on my threepenny's no end, sheep people (or people who are sheep :P ).
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Anseo.

quality 4-berth with less beige 7 months 3 weeks ago #458514

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1203
Anseo wrote:
Most of us will use terms relevant to new popular usage from time to time, 'lucked out' meaning 'unfortunately in this circumstance' (or something similar).

OK, as we evolve so does language, I'm not against it but sometimes some of the new terms are annoying and often short lived.

My pet hate at the moment is "so", people who start every or most sentences or replies with bloody 'SO' get on my threepenny's no end, sheep people (or people who are sheep :P ).

Or tv commentators who answer “absolutely “ when a simple “yes” will suffice.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anseo
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Caravelair Antares 406 - Double bed makes up with pull-out slats, but in our test model, they were a bit of a struggle (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)
Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)