• Page:

TOPIC: Dethleffs electric caravan!

Dethleffs electric caravan! 10 months 6 days ago #459320

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1376
ProfJohnL wrote:
Dustydog wrote:
How do the seaside road trains get away with it? For years they have used a tractor dressed up as a railway engine towing six to eight trailers.
Was the bendy bus trailer powered?

Hello Dusty
I think I may have seen such multiple trailer devices, but the ones I have seen were not on the public roads, they ran along the esplanade or beach. so may have not have been required to meet road vehicle construction and use regs. It may also be their top speed was limited. It may be something to do with teh regs that cover show mens vehicles which do allow multiple trailers.

I'm grateful to OC for posting the Wiki link. Clearly some of the bendy busses did have motive power in the trailer section, and in some cases it was the only power, and it pushed the front section. But I do recall there was quite a big thing about them when they were first tried in the UK about them needing to have special provisions to run on our roads.

an inkling of what your describing, The seaside amusement multiple trailer train might have special dispensation I

Prof
You are right about rules having to be changed to allow bendy buses on public highways. There was a right to do in Bath with many objections but in fact on their designated routes which were from the centre to the two university they were very successful. But I don’t think they are used much if at all now.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)