Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Inverters

Inverters 12 years 2 days ago #17627

• Mel_5070491
  • Fresh Boarder
I have taken the battery out of my fleetwood to charge. Come to put it back and have pulled the neg lead off the inverter. Can anyone help me with info as to which pin it goes back onto. the oins are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inverters 12 years 12 hours ago #17628

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 553
Hello Mel,

I am unable to make any real sense of the detail of your question. Most caravans do not have 'inverters' fitted. If yours does it may not be a standard device, and this makes it difficult to offer any practical advice that will be safe.

Even though you seem to be referring to 12Vdc systems, even 12V dc can be dangerous. there is a serious risk of fire if a battery is shorted out even for just a few seconds.

I think it would be best if you contact your supplying dealer, or arrange for a qualified electrician to re-make the correct connections.

Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Inverters 11 years 11 months ago #17629

• Pete4
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Mel,

Can you confirm you mean "inverter" and not "transformer" ?

Inverters only have two wires to connect to the battery and two wires for the 240volt output.

Pete

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Compass Capiro 550 review – 1 - The new-for-2017 Compass Capiro 550 has a 1467kg MTPLM (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Eccles 510 review – 1 - Sharp graphics and a carbonfibre-effect gas-locker lid give the Sterling a unique personality that distances it from its Swift Challenger sibling (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2017 Knaus StarClass 690 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 690 has a 2000kg MTPLM so you may prefer to use it as a seasonal tourer, in which case you’ll save on some of the VAT – it's priced at £29,999 (delivery included) (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Bailey Pursuit 570-6 review – 1 - Polar White sides and the new family crest give the Pursuit a fresher look, but it’s less distinctive than the old grey (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on