Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Awning adjustment

Awning adjustment 11 years 9 months ago #32855

• andy_5039827
  • Expert Boarder
Hi i am looking at buying a used full awning, but the owner tells me it has been adjusted to be used as both full and porch awning.The zip out side panels feed into the caravan awning rail but only have about 18ins in the rail from the top leaving a large area that is not in the channel.

Any ideas or have i lost the plot

thanks

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awning adjustment 11 years 9 months ago #32856

• Andrewbutcher
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Andy, it sounds as though this chap has had the awning converted to a porch because it is too small for his caravan, the sides should have padded sleeves and two extra poles to hold these sleeves against the caravan wall, to keep draughts out.

My advice would be, leave it alone, there are plenty of second hand awnings out there!

Best wishes, Andrew.

Andrew 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Elddis Crusader Zephyr review – 1 - The exterior colour is called 'Champagne', but it is really a heathery brown, differentiating it from the blue of its Compass Camino 660 sister van (© Peter Baber/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Lexon 590 review – 1 - Flush-fitting windows, the sunroof, alloy wheels and the cantilever-action gas locker door all add a touch of class to the 590 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sprite Quattro DD review – 1 - This twin-axle from the 2017 range of Sprite caravans has an MTPLM of 1624kg (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Bailey Pursuit 560-5 review – 1 - The single front window may look budget-style to some, but we like the uncluttered view it provides from inside the van (© Practical Caravan)

Follow us on