Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai?

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454035

• captdon
  • Fresh Boarder
Ready to order mirrors for Qashqai towing Adria Action 361. Thoughts? Flat or convex? Other alternatives? Thanks from the 'new guy on the block', Don
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454037

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1156
Just in case you are not aware of the difference between flat and convex mirrors, Flat mirrors have a narrower field of view but they maintain the eye and brains perception of distance, convex mirrors make the image seem smaller and further away, but the have a wider field of view, meaning you will see more of whats going on behind you, but the perception of distance speed becomes more difficult, and it can be easy to misjudge the space available to pull out and back again when passing.

The present legislation requires that when the outfit is set straight, from the driving position you must be able to see in each mirror, the entire length of the trailers side, and at a distance of 20M to the rear of the driver you must be able to from see an additional 4M to either side of the trailer. It doesn't specifically state you have to have additional mirrors, but there are very few towing vehicles that are wide enough to achieve the required view without additional mirrors.

www.lifesure.co.uk/blog/2013/06/caravan-...re-you-know-the-law/

The mirrors you choose must be compliant with the EU directives and carry the "e" mark
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captdon

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454051

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 588
I would agree with the Prof on the mirrors and personally prefer flat ones but that is me.
What I would say is that I have found the Milencos would not easily hold securely on my new Mazda and had to buy strap on ones, which also proved more stable. If you are buying from a dealer I would ask if you can test the mirrors on the car to see what fits best.
Ray

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454062

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 747
Raywood wrote:
I would agree with the Prof on the mirrors and personally prefer flat ones but that is me.
What I would say is that I have found the Milencos would not easily hold securely on my new Mazda and had to buy strap on ones, which also proved more stable. If you are buying from a dealer I would ask if you can test the mirrors on the car to see what fits best.

Milenco, now do different mounting feet for the mirrors, for different makes of cars, unlike the old universal ones.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454063

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 883
I prefer flat on the drivers side and convex on nearside. In Europe I put a flat on the nearside too but no convex.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454064

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 449
Flat on both sides for me
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454066

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 427
.........flat on both sides for towing mirrors.
Adjust to show both rear corners of caravan when car and caravan in a straight line which is a legal requirement.
Then adjust car mirrors electrically to give a wider view to minimize blind spots.
Take care with automatic folding mirrors when towing mirrors are fitted .
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!
  GB West Sussex

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 1 day ago #454078

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 747
Gafferbill wrote:
Adjust to show both rear corners of caravan when car and caravan in a straight line which is a legal requirement.
Then adjust car mirrors electrically to give a wider view to minimize blind spots.

True there, I can fold my mirrors, with the extentions on ok. . Never thought about it at first. Sante Fe with Milenco 2.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 17 hours ago #454101

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 588
EH52ARH wrote:
Gafferbill wrote:

True there, I can fold my mirrors, with the extentions on ok. . Never thought about it at first. Sante Fe with Milenco 2.

My mirrors will fold in with the extension mirrors on but not sure if that is true for all makes.
Ray

Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai? 4 months 16 hours ago #454103

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 449
Same here. Mine fold in no bother with them still on. Ours just get left on on site if car not going anywhere for the weekend.
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)