Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: CAMC Avtec sat nav

CAMC Avtec sat nav 2 months 1 week ago #466798

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 224
Has anyone got one of these and if so how do you rate it, particularly for use in Europe.

I assume it retains the basic Garmin menus and set up ?

Ray S . 
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Parksy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CAMC Avtec sat av 2 months 1 week ago #466801

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 624
We have had this one for nearly 6 years now and it is spot on and very accurate as to seconds countdown to where you need to be bought for Christmas present but I would imagine one and all are pretty good , have used in France and all over and is excellent , well worth the money spent .

Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

CAMC Avtec sat av 2 months 1 week ago #466816

• Guzzilazz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
RayS wrote:
Has anyone got one of these and if so how do you rate it, particularly for use in Europe.

I assume it retains the basic Garmin menus and set up ?

I bought one at the NEC in Feb, it's the standard Garmin with added POI info (CAMC sites, ACSI, to name but a few) Can't comment on Europe, and I've only used on a 17mile each way trip, but first impressions are good.

I'm a big Garmin fan as I use the kit in the Marine context, and support is excellent...
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD

CAMC Avtec sat av 2 months 1 week ago #466828

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 224
Your photo appears to show a Tom Tom unit not the Garmin based Avtec ?

Ray S . 

CAMC Avtec sat av 2 months 1 week ago #466829

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 624
Sorry , thats what i use
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

CAMC Avtec sat av 2 months 1 week ago #466832

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1247
I’ve used Garmin satnavs now for 10 years and have always found them to be accurate and trouble free. The frequent updates mean that they are mostly far more up to date than many in car units.

I also like the way I can preprogram a route using my computer and Garmins Basecamp software. That way I can determine the route that I wish to follow. However on arriving near to a site I always follow the sites own instructions and do a recce using Google Earth Streetview.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Unicorn Merida - The Unicorn range has expanded with the reintroduced rear-washroom floorplan of the Merida (© Practical Caravan)
Caravelair Antarès 406 - The Caravelair Antarés 406 has a revamped exterior with bolder graphics; it looks smart. Plus, there's an exterior mains socket and barbecue and shower points are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)