Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Loo Rolls

Loo Rolls 5 days 15 hours ago #475160

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1189
A letter in the latest PCv asked if she should continue using the Thetford style loo paper. I did use it many years ago as it was the only tissue that just about dissolved in Thetford toilet solution. I find using the ordinary domestic roll with Elsan blue leaves no residue at all. Have you seen the price of the "official " loo rolls at Dealers, eye watering! :woohoo:
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
Last Edit: 5 days 15 hours ago by Dustydog.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Loo Rolls 5 days 14 hours ago #475162

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
Used the official toilet roll stuff years ago when we started but now we just use anything and find with the blue stuff in it comes out dissolved anyway and yes it is pricey the loo roll !
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Loo Rolls 5 days 12 hours ago #475173

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 224
I prefer to use the Thetford stuff as I favour using the Elsan Green fluid, so it does not break down as well as you chaps have experienced. I bought some of the Thetford paper 4-pack as an add-on item through Amazon - was about £4. I then bought some from Ebay as a box of 3 packs of 4 for about £10 over a year ago. These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB

Loo Rolls 5 days 12 hours ago #475175

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 543
CustardAvenger wrote:
These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.
Oh dear, this is where this thread descends into lavatorial detail. Sorry everyone for the next bit....
Soo, they last longer because;
There are more sheets to the roll than supermarket loo roll?
Or
Each sheet is larger/ more absorbent and you are one of the few folks that therefore reduce loo roll use in response to this factor?
Or
You generally don’t do number 2 s in the caravan?

Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

Loo Rolls 5 days 12 hours ago #475177

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
:sick: :lol:
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Loo Rolls 5 days 12 hours ago #475178

• camel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 104
Thetford loo rolls never used them just the cheaper supermarket loo rolls , I 've started using OneChem blue which I find breaks everythig down,

Loo Rolls 5 days 11 hours ago #475180

• Gabsgrandad
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 'Gerrinowd'
  • Thank you received: 453
This 'stuff' fairly robust!

Sir Gab (WC)
2014 Swift Ace Statesman +
2011 Freelander SD4 GS
Broughton,
N. Lincs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mel, JezzerB

Loo Rolls 5 days 11 hours ago #475181

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 224
Mel wrote:
CustardAvenger wrote:
These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.
Oh dear, this is where this thread descends into lavatorial detail. Sorry everyone for the next bit....
Soo, they last longer because;
There are more sheets to the roll than supermarket loo roll?
Or
Each sheet is larger/ more absorbent and you are one of the few folks that therefore reduce loo roll use in response to this factor?
Or
You generally don’t do number 2 s in the caravan?

Mel

You asked... so here you go:

1) The caravan toilet is used for all eventualities, as a home from home. I've paid for it, so I'm using it! (The only downside is I have to empty it too)
2) It seems that the Thetford paper is thinner than regular paper, so I guess that fits is more on the roll. I have not researched the sheets per roll stats but it looks the same size.
3) The aperture of the waste compartment may influence the amount of paper used in one go, but there is no conscious effort to economise.
4) The Thetford paper does not breakdown fully with Elsan Green (IME) so requires a blast with the waste point hose.
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mel, JezzerB

Loo Rolls 5 days 11 hours ago #475182

• camel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 104
One caravan chap I know looks at me in a funny way when I say the cassette toilet is used for everything when it comes to 1's and 2's, my first job every morning is to empty the cassette regardless of a thumb test,

Loo Rolls 5 days 10 hours ago #475184

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1427
camel wrote:
Thetford loo rolls never used them just the cheaper supermarket loo rolls , I 've started using OneChem blue which I find breaks everythig down,

Crikey one other person use ONECHEM, which we have used for ages now, and found very effective and so convenient with no wastage when measuring. Back on topic....ordinary Sainsburys loo rolls.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra - The distinctive exterior has metallic decals (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)