Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rally Organising?

Rally Organising? 4 months 2 weeks ago #436857

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 602
I'm no expert, the certification is something half remembered that I read somewhere
Have a look at the information online.

www.gov.uk/guidance/camping-and-caravann...les-and-how-to-apply
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anseo

Rally Organising? 4 months 2 weeks ago #436874

• Mogwyth
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
No problem, it was curiosity more than anything as it not something i have time for nowadays.
Discovery 3 4,4 V8 :cheer: followed by a Swift Charisma 610

Rally Organising? 5 days 16 hours ago #443260

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 728
Mogwyth wrote:
Parksy wrote:
I think that to set up and organise rallies on your own behalf you need some sort of certificate

Is this a club thing or something as until a few years ago i was doing 2 or 3 tented events a year and never had a certificate, did have liability insurance but thats it.

When I first saw this I was in general agreement with Mogwyth, but after some thought it soon becomes clear there is a lot that needs to be properly considered before attempting to arrange a meet. I don't think there is general certificate for this as such, but certainly there is quite a lot to be considered and put in place before any meet can take place.

There shouldn't be to much of a problem on a recognised caravan site, but if its on a green field site you would need to ensure the essential infrastructure is set up. It may require seeking permision from the local authority for temporary change of use.

You may find this link to the Caravan and Camping Club of some use:
www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/outandaboutonline/

Look at the very bottom of the page
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
Last Edit: 5 days 16 hours ago by ProfJohnL. Reason: Removed personal identification in formation.

Rally Organising? 4 days 20 hours ago #443267

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
A Certificate of Exemption is needed from, Natural England, The Welsh Assembly Government (Planning Division) or The Scottish Government (Housing Markets Supply Division)

Over 200 clubs run by elected volunteers belong to ACCEO. The ACCEO website tells you pretty much all you need to know.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

Rally Organising? 4 days 15 hours ago #443270

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 728
Thank you Martin for the heads up.

This is the website
www.gov.uk/guidance/camping-and-caravann...les-and-how-to-apply.

I think it's only fair to say that this is just the start, and you would need to consult the full rules which will begin to dictate the other essential provisions you would need organise and run a meet.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Rally Organising? 4 days 5 hours ago #443275

• Parksy
  • Retired
Martin24 wrote:
A Certificate of Exemption is needed from, Natural England, The Welsh Assembly Government (Planning Division) or The Scottish Government (Housing Markets Supply Division)

Over 200 clubs run by elected volunteers belong to ACCEO. The ACCEO website tells you pretty much all you need to know.

I thought that there was a requirement for recognised certification for rally organisers.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rally Organising? 3 days 19 hours ago #443298

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Parksy, I think the certification is for the group rather than the individual. I can't remember exactly but I don't think I had to have certification as an individual.

Rally Organising? 3 days 7 hours ago #443302

• Parksy
  • Retired
Thanks Martin.
My point is that if an individual hoped to organise caravan rallies that individual would need to check the legal requirements and to ensure that the necessary certification was in place beforehand.
Contact email address:

Rally Organising? 3 days 6 hours ago #443305

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
Caught up with you Parksy, Absolutely correct, an individual would have a lot of work to do including getting an exemption certificate and of course relevant insurances.

• Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on