Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Discounts on new caravans

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1038

• Michael_5041062
  • Fresh Boarder
My wife and I are about to buy our first caravan - probably a new Swift Charisma 2005. Different people have said different things as regards the sort of discount we should expect to achieve on a new caravan without a part exchange. Is there a good rule of thumb?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1039

• STEVE_5041381
  • Gold Boarder
Yes go to Earls Court you will be amazed at the discount you can achieve there - play one dealer off against the other haggle and you will literaly save thousands.

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1040

• Mike_5041089
  • Platinum Boarder
Ask & ye shall seek! Use a dealer near to home as it's a pain having to take a 'van miles for any warranty work. Most dealers will give you 10% for starters, then ask them to throw in extras like mains leads, water & waste carriers, spare wheels, battery, Alko stabiliser wheel clamp, towing mirrors, gas bottles. We've just bought a new 'van and got most of the above +

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1041

• Pete_5041298
  • Junior Boarder
When we bought our first 'van 2 yrs ago - nearly all the dealers we spoke to would knock 10 ~ 15% off the list price - anything to match the Bailey we wanted (and bought). Try for at least 10%......

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1042

• colin_5040115
  • Fresh Boarder
We secured a deal on the Charima 590 at the Lawns, a Barrons special 'Lifestyle' to be exact, I am a bit shy saying what the deal is cause of course we aint completed because the vans dont exisit yet, if you push me may say privately!

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1043

• lynn_5040950
  • Fresh Boarder
Mike, I dont not know much about discounts but boy will you be impressed with your new charisma, we have just purchased a new one and love it...good luck

Discounts on new caravans 14 years 2 months ago #1044

• millysweep
  • Junior Boarder
If more people would come forward over the discounts they have achieved, surely it would be more power to the buyer and a little less to the dealer!

Okay, I got