Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Seat fabric premature wear?

Seat fabric premature wear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #439867

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 357
I am afraid it is typical of many firms in all sorts of businesses these days to just fob you off and hope you go away. I would see if you can get photos of the wear on the other Lunar as evidence of a problem. If Belfield have given you a quote for the work then that is evidence of the value of your claim and do not forget to add interest at 8% and your costs to any claim.
If you do proceed it will be very expensive for the firm at the end of the action as the dealer will claim against Lunar who claim against Belfield who claim against their supplier which would run into thousands in solicitors fees. You will appreciate why they might be keen to settle.
I do have to say when our caravan had damp Lunar did accept the claim very quickly, although it has taken a couple of months to get the parts, but we needed the caravan anyway, so it did not worry us in this case. It is booked in now though.
Ray
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on