Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Products for cleaning exterior of caravan

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 3 days ago #439670

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 545
otherclive wrote:
I use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner for washing it and getting rid if any "mould" on the outside especially on tricky areas of roof. Then Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler for a shine. In October after the van has been washed it will be sprayed with the Fenwicks winter wax solution and that stays on until Spring. For specific polish ifany panels don't shine up I use Autoglym. Recently I've used Meguirs spray on polymer and Carnuba wax Gold class Quivk Wax after washing and it does come up nice. Use it on cars too. Windows are really drenched and I use a soft car mitt but don't press hard. Never had to deal with scratched Windows but believe Fenwicks do something. Rubber seals are treated once per year with Autoglym Platsic and Rubber spray, or Armourall.
Clive
I could have written this word for word :)
Spot on. :cheer:
The Wyoming is 8 years old now so Fenwicks is good as it's mild on the paint and Bobby Dazzler is sprayed on with a garden type sprayer. The main polishing is exactly per Clive B)
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: welshti

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 3 days ago #439672

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 159
Dustydog wrote:
otherclive wrote:
I use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner for washing it and getting rid if any "mould" on the outside especially on tricky areas of roof. Then Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler for a shine. In October after the van has been washed it will be sprayed with the Fenwicks winter wax solution and that stays on until Spring. For specific polish ifany panels don't shine up I use Autoglym. Recently I've used Meguirs spray on polymer and Carnuba wax Gold class Quivk Wax after washing and it does come up nice. Use it on cars too. Windows are really drenched and I use a soft car mitt but don't press hard. Never had to deal with scratched Windows but believe Fenwicks do something. Rubber seals are treated once per year with Autoglym Platsic and Rubber spray, or Armourall.
Clive
I could have written this word for word :)
Spot on. :cheer:
The Wyoming is 8 years old now so Fenwicks is good as it's mild on the paint and Bobby Dazzler is sprayed on with a garden type sprayer. The main polishing is exactly per Clive B)

Dusty
After trying quite a lot of different options over the years I have pretty well standardised on the approach I described above, but I'm still a sucker if some other magic solution arrives on the market. But apart from the Meguirs Gold which I have only recently come across its Fenwicks with occasional Autoglym. I tend not to have to use polish very often, sometimes I've gone three years without polishing. However I arrived home last week with the van and car looking as if we'd been greenlaning. Getting it off a water logged CL in Penrith was interesting. Stopped off at Stafford Southbound and got some funny looks from the pristine outfits around me. But car is now tickety boo, and start on the van next.
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 3 days ago #439676

• audiorob
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I use a carnuba car wash shampoo, then for the front and rear panels I love Care-a-van polish which seems to provide a shine and protect the surfaces between washes. About £12.00 for 500ml and apparently 'recommended by Bailey' for alutech vans, although mine is an older Elddis with fibreglass and ABS panels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: welshti

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 3 days ago #439683

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 366
Carnuba wax should not be used on Bailey caravans with Alu Tech bodies. I don't know if it's the same for other GRP skins but it's very clear in the Bailey handbook.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 3 days ago #439688

• welshti
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Cheers all

I've ordered the twin pack of Fenwicks caravan cleaner + bobby dazzler £14.65 along with the Fenwicks windowize scratch remover £5.94.

If it does need a polish then i have some autoglym here
Pembrokeshire, South Wales

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 1 day ago #439739

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 260
Started to polish my roof today with Meguirs, glad I ran out as I then went on to use Autoglym to finish the rest of the roof off.
The elbow grease required for the Meguirs was beginning to wear me down!
Using the Autoglym was so easy [compared to the Meguirs] and with a better result.
Sir Gagakev WC (3 BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Sonata Symphony

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 1 day ago #439742

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 159
Gagakev wrote:
Started to polish my roof today with Meguirs, glad I ran out as I then went on to use Autoglym to finish the rest of the roof off.
Using the Autoglym was so easy [compared to the Meguirs] and with a better result.

How do you access the roof to apply a polish? Do you stand/kneel on it?
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 1 day ago #439743

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 260
otherclive wrote:
Gagakev wrote:

How do you access the roof to apply a polish? Do you stand/kneel on it?

I can walk on my roof, step ladder inside, up through the Heki roof, but do take my shoes off.
Clive DO CHECK with your manufacture you can walk on it, mine is a Fleetwood built by Adria, There are others you can walk on, not many though, didnt Bailey advertise one with a car on the roof a few years back?
Sir Gagakev WC (3 BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Sonata Symphony
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 1 day ago #439745

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 366
Yes you can walk on Alu Tech Bailey roofs. You can probably walk on pretty much any now a days except possibly Lunar who haven't quite caught up with the idea of the fully bonded roof.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI

Products for cleaning exterior of caravan 3 weeks 1 day ago #439750

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 349
Kev You and Myself can walk on the roofs due to svelt, height,and weight,7 :P
I use the wash and wax stuff from Costco, through and spray rinse thing, and a brush. Most times after being out, and twice a year a G3 WAX , That i use on the car as well.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.

Follow us on