Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suitable wheel lock suggestions please

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 2 weeks ago #440070

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 145
I wonder what the insurance premiums would be on an £8o ,ooo airstream !?! :ohmy:
Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone)!?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 2 weeks ago #440071

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 398
Or park it on muddy pitch at Stratford, theifs wouldn't want to steal a muddy caravan. :P
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VOP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 2 weeks ago #440073

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 220
I have a Titan and Alko. But I think with the cutting gear available to would be thieves the Titan is probably more susceptible than the Alko. There’s a real heavyweight Milenco filled with concrete. But how that would fare is interesting. As said above I favour a multiple approach when it’s at home. Alko, Titan wheel locks, Alko hitchlock. And a couple of leg steady locks. The aim being to make the thieves go elsewhere where theft might be easier and quicker.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 2 weeks ago #440075

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 145
Since we've got the mover put on ours and the caravan comes home now and again the hitch goes to the garage door away from the road and 1 off 2 cars at the beginning of the drive so no one can get on or off the drive plus all the locks are on to
Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone)!?

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 2 weeks ago #440136

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 356
The Milenco with the concrete filling is supposed to have never been overcome and for storage at home might be worth considering. It is simply too heavy though for touring unless you have a Transit or something that can carry it and the muscles of an ox..
Ray

Suitable wheel lock suggestions please 2 months 1 week ago #440444

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
It's generally accepted that if the low life really wants your van they will get it.
Many insurers accept a Sold Secure rated chain, along with a rated hitch lock and alarm ith tilt or motion senors or any two of the three
So consider a Sold Secure Chain and lock against a clamp. Chains will fit most anything and are not much less resistant but much easier to fit and store.

Ray S . 
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on