Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Awning flooring and heating

Awning flooring and heating 5 months 21 hours ago #445981

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 993
Thingy wrote:
True Vapalux arent efficient light producers, but the heat they give of is fantastic.
:woohoo:

That statement is a scientific total oxymoron. :huh: An efficient light producer will produce very little heat - like an LED for example, :) So a "fantastic" heat producer when you really want light makes it a very inefficient light :( producer.

PJL B)
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awning flooring and heating 5 months 20 hours ago #445982

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 625
ProfJohnL wrote:
Thingy wrote:
True Vapalux arent efficient light producers, but the heat they give of is fantastic.
:woohoo:

That statement is a scientific total oxymoron. :huh: An efficient light producer will produce very little heat - like an LED for example, :) So a "fantastic" heat producer when you really want light makes it a very inefficient light :( producer.

PJL B)

Prof, I think you are misreading Thingys post. I remember having a Chinese made version of the Vapalux, and Wow it was Explosive when you lit it up. :P
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thingy

Awning flooring and heating 5 months 15 hours ago #445993

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 222
Think prof just misread my statement. Simple mistake, I blame age :)
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Challenger Hi Style 524.
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)

Awning flooring and heating 5 months 6 hours ago #446002

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
Thingy wrote:

OOPS - I should have gone to specksavers :oops:
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446031

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 212
ProfJohnL wrote:
Thingy wrote:

OOPS - I should have gone to specksavers :oops:

I see what you did there :whistle:
Sir Haggis

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446035

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 315
Before caravanning we, like many other vanners, started with a trailer tent. It had a gas kitchen which you took into the trailer tent. I believe that modern trailer tents have the same arrangement.
Clearly there have been horrid tragedies when folks have taken barbecues into tents, but there must be a safe way to burn properly serviced gas under canvas, because it is still being manufactured.
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Mel. Reason: Spelling

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446043

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Mel with proper ventilation.

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446049

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 625
Mel wrote:
Before caravanning we, like many other vanners, started with a trailer tent. It had a gas kitchen which you took into the trailer tent. I believe that modern trailer tents have the same arrangement.
Clearly there have been horrid tragedies when folks have taken barbecues into tents, but there must be a safe way to burn properly serviced gas under canvas, because it is still being manufactured.
Mel

I think Mel has a very good point here, as we go to our local tent and trailer tent, dealer, I now remember that all of the kitchens are under cover. So must have good ventilation. And as I have mentioned before , our porch awning has permanantly open vents at the top corners.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by EH52ARH.

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446056

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 338
At the minute we have plenty of ventilation in our awning as my wheel is is on show as my awning skirt was damaged and ripped so I've cut it for one bit to fit the back bit behind the wheel and one bit of skirt bit in front of the wheel , went to price a new length of awning skirt , over £5o.oo !!! shocked :ohmy:
2o16 Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Awning flooring and heating 4 months 4 weeks ago #446066

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
Craigyoung wrote:
At the minute we have plenty of ventilation in our awning as my wheel is is on show as my awning skirt was damaged and ripped so I've cut it for one bit to fit the back bit behind the wheel and one bit of skirt bit in front of the wheel , went to price a new length of awning skirt , over £5o.oo !!! shocked :ohmy:

Hello Craig,
Your ripped wheel cover only provides low level ventilation. The hot fumes from what ever is burning or smouldering as in a charcoal BBQ will collect at high level where you breath.

The point about cookers in trailer tents, I remember well becasue there was a mesh window just behind the cooker.

Like it, or believe it or not the use of any burning appliance inside a tent or awning is potentially unsafe not only from teh fire hazard but also the products of combustion, which area actually more dangerous becasue you can't see or feel them.

Most recent caravan reviews

Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)
Swift Freestyle SE S6 TD_002_w - Swift's Freestyle SE S6 TD is a dealer special edition exclusively retailed by Lowdham Leisureworld (© Niall Hampton/Practical Caravan)