Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why do some people rush...

Why do some people rush... 9 months 2 days ago #445361

• zoaman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I just dont get what the rush is all about.
Travelling south friday on m5 near the large avonmouth bridge.Im doing 50/52 as thats what i like to do down steep motorway hills.A very large outfit( and mine is big enough) went passed us like we were standing still.Hhhhmm i think.then 30 mins later we pull into the site.And low and behold the fast outfit was still at the reception.and hes still irritable and in a rush.this was approx 2pm.so not really too late in the day.off he goes. then we pitch up on site and hes just about to detach his car and forgot the breakaway cable.so that was ripped clean off.Rushing again...out comes his drill zip zip zip hes running around like a scolded cat. the wife and i sat down with a cuppa and watched him for nearly 2 hour shuffling items from van to car and back n forth.then eventually hes finished.probably bushed at all the work more like it. they didnt move the car all day sat and then sunday it was the same in reverse order.And then end he tries to pull off with the motormover still on the wheels.
I thought this was supposedly a relaxing thing.
If your late,its never a good idea to chase it.
Buccaneer cruiser 2016,buccaneer comadore 2017,2018 swift kontiki 669.volvo awd se nav lux 67,2015 RR autobiography,mini one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Craigyoung

Why do some people rush... 9 months 1 day ago #445391

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 588
That's life some of us are born speedsters and some are not. In general I like to get on with things, but the caravan is for holidays and so I take your relax route with it. Relax and take your time is my motto.
Ray

Why do some people rush... 9 months 1 day ago #445404

• Buckman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Raywood wrote:
That's life some of us are born speedsters and some are not. In general I like to get on with things, but the caravan is for holidays and so I take your relax route with it. Relax and take your time is my motto.

We take our time which can be up to 2 hours to get set up as no rush. However when setting up no one comes over for a chat, but when you packing up they come for a chat and distract you end result ebing that you may forget to do something because you are trying to be polite! :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pensioner

Why do some people rush... 9 months 1 day ago #445407

• zoaman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Buckman wrote:
Raywood wrote:

We take our time which can be up to 2 hours to get set up as no rush. However when setting up no one comes over for a chat, but when you packing up they come for a chat and distract you end result ebing that you may forget to do something because you are trying to be polite! :unsure:
Yes that is true.
Buccaneer cruiser 2016,buccaneer comadore 2017,2018 swift kontiki 669.volvo awd se nav lux 67,2015 RR autobiography,mini one.

Why do some people rush... 9 months 15 hours ago #445455

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 588
We are just nosy and want to know where people leaving are off to next!
Ray

Why do some people rush... 9 months 13 hours ago #445470

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1156
Thank heavens every person is different, so what may be seen as rushing by one person may be quite normal for another. Live and let live.

However I do not condone breaking speed limits or any other laws for any reason.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Why do some people rush... 9 months 10 hours ago #445473

• Harby
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
We've done the breakaway cable thing - by being rushed by some chap who pulled up behind us when we arrived at a French site, getting out his car, seeing what we were doing, trying to chivvy us along, offering to 'help' so he could get past more quickly (his own words).... Mr H was getting more and more pressured by him hanging around, got in the car and pulled forward to wham! Breakaway cable snapped, whipped back and dinged the car. Resulting in a cross Mr H and a bad start to the holiday :( It's not fair to rush others just because they arrived before you and take a little longer than you!
Bailey Pegasus Palermo
Two children and an aged-Labrador who takes up a lot of space :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Why do some people rush... 8 months 4 weeks ago #445558

• waffler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Recently at Chester Fairoaks we were packing up and came to hitch up. We put car on road and movered the van to car. A motorhomer parks right behind us and sits with engine running. We move off and pull over asap so we can check lights etc. He passes us with a wave. Lights checked and on we go to see him at the motorhome service point. Leaving the engine running when people are hitching is bad mannered as well as being very polluting.
Coachman VIP565 and Kia Sorento KX3

Why do some people rush... 8 months 3 weeks ago #445647

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 449
I would continue to do my checks and just pull away give him a wave . someone like that causes accidents or causing us to forget something or connect something when they intimidate us too rush . :angry:
Craig .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Why do some people rush... 8 months 3 weeks ago #445657

• Kevin2306
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
Personally, nobody would make me rush, if they are in a hurry then it’s tough.

Kev
2017 BMW 530 Touring towing 2017 Swift Corniche 15/2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)