Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New owners of PC

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451159

• FrintonMike
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
I have ha a letter from Practical Caravan saying the magazine is now owned by Future Publishing Ltd who have purchased the magazine from Haymarket.
Now when I sign into the forum I get a message from Future and although I click that I have understood the message it still appears every time I log on.
Has anyone else had this problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451160

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
A user more or less does not have a choice, sign the thing or not use forum. i looked at the detail, they gave a list of "sister" companies which was extensive. I then by accident clicked on one of those and to my utter surprise saw a secondary "list" almost as long. Ever wondered why we are bombarded by so much "junk mail" and unsolicited phone calls!

Having said that once accepted it I have not seen it again.
Reborn caravanner !

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451164

• VicMallows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
The one difference I have noticed since FUTURE bought the mag is that it is no longer available as a (free) download from the (Hampshire) library :( .......of course this may just be coincidence and it may be a decision made by the library, who obviously have to pay in some way.

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451167

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 713
Yes every time I sign in I have to acknowledge the Future request. I find it irritates as no other forum or website that I visit regularly asks fir repeated acknowledgements. Think Future are being lazy.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451170

• Beehpee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
That’s odd I’ve had nothing like that from future, this topic is the first I’ve heard of them, just logged in to post this reply and still nothing, this is using an iPad but no idea if that makes any difference.

BP
Beehpee, I live in Daventry, Northants. A caravanner and love it.
Sir Sticky.....

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451173

• VicMallows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
FrintonMike wrote:
and although I click that I have understood the message it still appears every time I log on.

It suggests to me that you have cookies disabled somewhere in your settings. I have received the message on each separate device, but once accepted on that device I do not see it again.

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451177

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 890
Beehpee wrote:
That’s odd I’ve had nothing like that from future, this topic is the first I’ve heard of them, just logged in to post this reply and still nothing, this is using an iPad but no idea if that makes any difference.

BP

I posted about the sale of Practical Caravan to Future PLC almost two weeks ago.
I've only had to click on the Accept button once in compliance with GDPR , as Vic suggested the O.P. may have disabled cookies.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Parksy.

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451212

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 446
Sorry Parksy, must have missed that one. Anyway I haven't had anything about "Future". Sounds like that's a blessing.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451213

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
More generally, GDPR is supposed to provide the customer with a choice about what personal data can be collected, distributed and used. What a joke! When presented with these permission requests, there is no choice, agree or you cannot use that site. I for one are sick and tired of pathetic PC regulation that in reality does nothing. I am sick and tired of every time I open an online page getting bombarded with adverts that are clearly promoted by data collected gathered as I browse the web. I am sick and tired of getting continuous unsolicited calls trying to sell me stuff I have no interest in. I am sick and tired of every time I open my emails having to delete most of them because they are sales spam. Just saying. I think I will now find a DIY job to take my mind off this rubbish. Even that is less painful!
Reborn caravanner !

New owners of PC 2 months 3 weeks ago #451216

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 890
It's always best to be aware of what you mouse-click on to, personal information is valuable to many internet companies and you should take steps to guard your privacy.
Disable cookies on websites that you don't use regularly, use a pop up blocker and look for 'opt out' tick boxes on email correspondence.
Go to 'Settings' for your internet browser and check which privacy settings are available.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)