Welcome, Guest
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Bailey Pamplona

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451617

  • PaulT
  • PaulT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 666
  • Thank you received: 41
Thinking of changing the cartagena 3 for a new pamplona. Has anyone any comments on the pamplona? Bit concerned about the under bed storage which is full with all the essentials on the cartagena (sun beds, chairs etc). If I put this lot in the back will the tail start wagging the dog?
Bailey Unicorn S4 Pamplona, Volvo XC90, Mercedes SL63
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451618

  • Craigyoung
  • Craigyoung's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Posts: 2251
  • Thank you received: 471
Can't comment on the caravan that you were looking at but under the kids bunk bed at the rear I keep my awning poles , 2 blue sun chairs my barbecue and my bag of awning pegs and no wobble at all on the back of mine , ( and I even have two bikes on the back ) so should be stable. Just try putting some other heavier stuff in the car.
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451619

  • ProfJohnL
  • ProfJohnL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 11380
  • Thank you received: 1183
PaulT wrote:
Thinking of changing the cartagena 3 for a new pamplona. Has anyone any comments on the pamplona? Bit concerned about the under bed storage which is full with all the essentials on the cartagena (sun beds, chairs etc). If I put this lot in the back will the tail start wagging the dog?

Unfortunately Paul, no one can answer your specific question, it does not simply hinge on how much you load in that locker, which is just one of many factors. But the general advice is to avoid placing large masses at the extemeties of the caravan.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451624

  • otherclive
  • otherclive's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4955
  • Thank you received: 923
Why not just load some of the kit around the axle or towards the front between the lounge seating noting noseweight limits.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451625

  • PaulT
  • PaulT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 666
  • Thank you received: 41
Not possible because I want it stored away not having to move it when I get into the van. Can't help thinking that bailley would have assumed that people would be storing items under the bed and in the wardrobes so it should be OK - shouldn't it???
Bailey Unicorn S4 Pamplona, Volvo XC90, Mercedes SL63
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451629

  • otherclive
  • otherclive's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4955
  • Thank you received: 923
PaulT wrote:
Not possible because I want it stored away not having to move it when I get into the van. Can't help thinking that bailley would have assumed that people would be storing items under the bed and in the wardrobes so it should be OK - shouldn't it???

Each to their own I guess, but Ive never considered the under bed storage for anything other than light higher volume stuff when travelling. On site lots would go under the bed and we just relocate stuff after arrival on site. I tend to load the van for stability not convenience so admittedly when stopping on route we don't sit down for a formal lunch, but there is enough space to make some sandwiches and a tea and sit down, albeit some things might have to move.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451632

  • Dustydog
  • Dustydog's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10295
  • Thank you received: 936
otherclive wrote:
PaulT wrote:
Not possible because I want it stored away not having to move it when I get into the van. Can't help thinking that bailley would have assumed that people would be storing items under the bed and in the wardrobes so it should be OK - shouldn't it???

Each to their own I guess, but Ive never considered the under bed storage for anything other than light higher volume stuff when travelling. On site lots would go under the bed and we just relocate stuff after arrival on site. I tend to load the van for stability not convenience so admittedly when stopping on route we don't sit down for a formal lunch, but there is enough space to make some sandwiches and a tea and sit down, albeit some things might have to move.
Our unde bed storage is just aft of the twin axles.
I confess there is a lot of weight underneath, .Four comfy chairs, fan, Cadac, bottles of toilet fluid, EHU cable, and Woosie parafanalia. But, I can say with absolute certainty the weight balance and nose load are spot on and the heavy load is as low as possible
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451634

  • otherclive
  • otherclive's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4955
  • Thank you received: 923
Dustydog wrote:
otherclive wrote:
PaulT wrote:
Not possible because I want it stored away not having to move it when I get into the van. Can't help thinking that bailley would have assumed that people would be storing items under the bed and in the wardrobes so it should be OK - shouldn't it???

Each to their own I guess, but Ive never considered the under bed storage for anything other than light higher volume stuff when travelling. On site lots would go under the bed and we just relocate stuff after arrival on site. I tend to load the van for stability not convenience so admittedly when stopping on route we don't sit down for a formal lunch, but there is enough space to make some sandwiches and a tea and sit down, albeit some things might have to move.
Our unde bed storage is just aft of the twin axles.
I confess there is a lot of weight underneath, .Four comfy chairs, fan, Cadac, bottles of toilet fluid, EHU cable, and Woosie parafanalia. But, I can say with absolute certainty the weight balance and nose load are spot on and the heavy load is as low as possible

Yes I should add that ours was single axle with the bed at the rear of rear of the caravan and some way aft of the axle.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451664

  • EH52ARH
  • EH52ARH's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Posts: 4002
  • Thank you received: 779
Our Coachman 560, Island bed, aas mentioned on other threads, we are so close to our Max weight. With cutlery Gas Bottle , motor mover, pots and pans, etc, we have no longer carry anything under the Island bed except the spare wheel and the Levelling ramp. .
Go ahed fill this empty space with Chairs Outside tables , etc, , check your weight, . TOW SAFE, most caravan have a payload of about 150 kg.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey Pamplona 6 months 1 week ago #451668

  • Craigyoung
  • Craigyoung's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Posts: 2251
  • Thank you received: 471
PaulT wrote:
Not possible because I want it stored away not having to move it when I get into the van. Can't help thinking that bailley would have assumed that people would be storing items under the bed and in the wardrobes so it should be OK - shouldn't it???

When we traveled to France a few years ago we had the bikes in the van yet everytime we stopped for a P'stop we just manoeuvred round them for the toilet , it's easy to do just get on with it!
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2