Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My post locked out

My post locked out 4 months 4 days ago #453832

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 304
OK Damian,

I accept you have locked and DELETED my posts, but come on friend, is that really fair on a forum, I did not use profanity or make unfair comment.

I Like it here, we need you to help and assist us.

Regards,

John
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)

Mercedes E220 Estate
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My post locked out 4 months 4 days ago #453834

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 699
Yes it is fair !!!

I am doing everything that I can to get a resolution and am just as fed up with the situation as anyone else, but as with anything to do with the owners it takes time.

Posting as you did is more likely to encourage them to pull the plug and shut the whole thing down and that would do no one any good.

The new company is a digital marketing company and they are doing what they do best......advertising.
We may not like it but we are stuck with it until at least I get a company contact who can see to the web side of the problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Craigyoung

My post locked out 4 months 4 days ago #453841

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 304
Again, thank you Damian.

Obviously you have have a greater insight than I to the inner workings of what I perceive as to the new owners intentions for the future of this site; I think you know that my intention was not to jeopardise the continuance of this forum.

I will step aside, it is not my intention to make your efforts more difficult.

To you ,and other forum members, I am hopeful that you accept that my posts were not designed to be anything less protective to the values and appreciation of what this forum means to many of us.

Good luck in your efforts Damian, sorry if I troubled the waters.

Thank you and regards,
John
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)

Mercedes E220 Estate
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Anseo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

My post locked out 4 months 2 days ago #453953

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 427
.......as a mere punter I honestly don't see any problems so have no reason to be fed up with anything.
I have modern browsers configured to only view the content that is acceptable to myself, these are installed on my laptop and phone and filter out unwanted material.
What is a small nuisance for me is that every time I visit the forum, I have to refuse permission to allow the harvesting of personal information that is stored on my phone or laptop.
This will be because my browsers are configured not to store any browsing information.
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!
  GB West Sussex

My post locked out 4 months 2 days ago #453954

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 883
The only adverts that I see on my phone are below the details of members on line. Not an area I venture into. So my use of the Forum is pretty well ad free. Shouldn’t say that should I ?
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

My post locked out 4 months 2 days ago #453955

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 449
otherclive wrote:
The only adverts that I see on my phone are below the details of members on line. Not an area I venture into. So my use of the Forum is pretty well ad free. Shouldn’t say that should I ?

But why not ? I am the same as you , I use my phone all the time and the only advertising i see is at the very top of the screen and at the very bottom in the screen like you say , nothing else pops up whilst trying to read anything or nothing like others are trying to describe and as for someone saying the forums going down the swanny what a load of cobblers !!
Craig .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

My post locked out 4 months 2 days ago #453958

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
By saying what I said no doubt some techno wizard will find a way of implanting ads where currently there aren’t any.
The gauntlet has landed.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 days ago by otherclive.

My post locked out 4 months 2 days ago #453959

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1000
Many online resources now insist that ad blockers are disabled to enable access to their website.
Personally speaking I use ad and pop up blockers, but on this particular website on which I sometimes get a slightly different screen view as a moderator I often disable this software to enable me to see exactly what most other members see and complain about.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Dodger524

My post locked out 4 months 1 day ago #454069

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Since submitting my above post I’m getting very sensitive to the annoying privacy setting icon. I’ve set them once so what point is there in keep displaying it. Perhaps a close button just like cookie requests have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

My post locked out 4 months 1 day ago #454072

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 449
I seem to be getting a blue Square to the bottom right-hand corner of my screen with privacy settings on. I've set it to reject all and saved it yet it comes on all the time now still . :angry:
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)