Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New tyres: best provider

New tyres: best provider 3 months 23 hours ago #464194

• SeaDog
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Our caravan is now in its sixth year and needing tyre replacement. I rang all the local tyre fitters who gave me some good deals, but when I mentioned we have Tyron bands fitted, the replies were various from "what are they", to don't touch them, so I rang our dealer who advised me who they use. So it is a day out with the wheels while the van is still on axle stands and the fitter is fully conversant with Tyron bands.
Sailing close to the wind
With a Lunar Clubman SB and towed by a Discovery 4
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New tyres: best provider 3 months 23 hours ago #464195

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 962
Seadog, I also have Tyron Bands fitted, But have bought a tyrepal sensor to monitor the pressures and temp, so the next time I have to change the tyres I will be ditching the bands, Kwik fit mobiles are the only people in my area that can change the bands, I do carry the Tyron band mobile kit myself.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

New tyres: best provider 3 months 23 hours ago #464196

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 421
When the time comes to replace my tyres I too will be discarding the tyron bands.

I will advertise them on here, free to anyone who wants them.
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Caravelair Antares 406 - Double bed makes up with pull-out slats, but in our test model, they were a bit of a struggle (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)
Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)