Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Seasonal pitch

Seasonal pitch 3 days 5 hours ago #466878

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone. I'm new to caravanning so need advice please. Looking into a seasonal pitch in Kent to live in whilst I'm studying at University. The seasonal cost is £3600 but the site says I can't live in it unless I pay £25 per night, this seems a bit excessive, are there's any ways round this please? Any advice would be great. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seasonal pitch 3 days 3 hours ago #466890

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 380
Welcome to the forum Bluedogs :)

Is this for a static or touring caravan?

Either way I would be looking for a different location\site.

£3600.00 divide by 52 weeks = £69.20 per week
£25.00 X 7 nights = £175.00 per week
Total = £242.20 per week, a ridiculous amount in my view.
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
Last Edit: 3 days 3 hours ago by Anseo.

Seasonal pitch 3 days 1 hour ago #466898

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Anseo for the welcome. I didn't make myself clear sorry, it's either £3600 seasonal but I can't live in it other than 2/3 nights per week maximum. Or £25 per night which as you say is £175 per week and then I can live in it. It's a tourer with awning. I was under the assumption that seasonal you could stay year round. Cheers

Seasonal pitch 3 days 1 hour ago #466899

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1164
Hi Bluedogs, welcome to the forum.
The price still seems excessive, why not place an advert in the local free newspaper setting out your requirements?
You never know, a farmer or small site owner may respond with a better offer. ;)
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Seasonal pitch 3 days 1 hour ago #466900

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Parksy, good idea but I was looking for something more secure with CCTV etc..

Seasonal pitch 2 days 22 hours ago #466911

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 438
You might be surprised at the security in farms and small 5 van sites. Seasonal tourer sites are generally not licensed for full time residential use. However 2 to 3 nights a week is a bit mean, we can stay for moe nights on our seasonal but it cannot be our main place of residence.
If you can find a farm and offer to do a bit of work for the farmer in between studies, you might find a better deal.
Good luck
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
Last Edit: 2 days 22 hours ago by Mel.

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)
Coachman Pastiche 520 - Clean lines and understated decals give the Pastiche 520 an elegant exterior, and Al-Ko ATC and stabiliser mean it should be an easy tow (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Altea 472 DS Eden - Maximising the window area has helped Adria create a roomy feel, and the whole interior exudes a sleek, modern look that's unusual at this price (© Practical Caravan)
Moto-trek Trek-Away - The Moto-trek Trek-Away standard exterior is off-white; our test model was a very smart silver, one of a choice of colours that's available as a £1620 cost option (© Practical Caravan)