Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seasonal pitch

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466878

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone. I'm new to caravanning so need advice please. Looking into a seasonal pitch in Kent to live in whilst I'm studying at University. The seasonal cost is £3600 but the site says I can't live in it unless I pay £25 per night, this seems a bit excessive, are there's any ways round this please? Any advice would be great. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466890

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 440
Welcome to the forum Bluedogs :)

Is this for a static or touring caravan?

Either way I would be looking for a different location\site.

£3600.00 divide by 52 weeks = £69.20 per week
£25.00 X 7 nights = £175.00 per week
Total = £242.20 per week, a ridiculous amount in my view.
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Anseo.

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466898

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Anseo for the welcome. I didn't make myself clear sorry, it's either £3600 seasonal but I can't live in it other than 2/3 nights per week maximum. Or £25 per night which as you say is £175 per week and then I can live in it. It's a tourer with awning. I was under the assumption that seasonal you could stay year round. Cheers

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466899

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1255
Hi Bluedogs, welcome to the forum.
The price still seems excessive, why not place an advert in the local free newspaper setting out your requirements?
You never know, a farmer or small site owner may respond with a better offer. ;)
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466900

• Bluedogs
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Parksy, good idea but I was looking for something more secure with CCTV etc..

Seasonal pitch 2 months 3 days ago #466911

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 484
You might be surprised at the security in farms and small 5 van sites. Seasonal tourer sites are generally not licensed for full time residential use. However 2 to 3 nights a week is a bit mean, we can stay for moe nights on our seasonal but it cannot be our main place of residence.
If you can find a farm and offer to do a bit of work for the farmer in between studies, you might find a better deal.
Good luck
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Mel.

Seasonal pitch 2 months 11 hours ago #467061

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 721
The terms look ridiculous but if you do not like them you have the right to refuse. Not sure who takes them up but they must be idiots.
Ray

Seasonal pitch 1 month 4 weeks ago #467085

• emmerson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 120
If its a touring site, then seasonal caravans should not be allowed at all.
Touring sites, as the name suggests, are for TOURERS!

It's better in a Royale!

Seasonal pitch 1 month 4 weeks ago #467092

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1460
emmerson wrote:
If its a touring site, then seasonal caravans should not be allowed at all.
Touring sites, as the name suggests, are for TOURERS!

What is your greif with seasonal caravanners or sites that allow them?
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Seasonal pitch 1 month 4 weeks ago #467093

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1232
We go onto sites where there are seasonal caravans and motorhomes and unless you look closely you would be hard pressed to discern any difference between touring outfits and seasonals. On some serviced pitches you see a better class of external plumbing ( :evil: ) and that the outfit isn't being lived in is given away by the way kit is placed/stored or no EHU cable.

But why shouldn't folks have seasonals? There are a myriad of reasons why some go for seasonal pitches viz: work commitments, health issues, family commitments, towing and tow car, age related problems, etc. Not everyone can just pack up and romp off into the blue yonder. Chance would be a fine thing though. So if folks just want to continue to enjoy their hobby just let them
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveA1, WayneS, Kiveton
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Unicorn Merida - The Unicorn range has expanded with the reintroduced rear-washroom floorplan of the Merida (© Practical Caravan)
Caravelair Antarès 406 - The Caravelair Antarés 406 has a revamped exterior with bolder graphics; it looks smart. Plus, there's an exterior mains socket and barbecue and shower points are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)