Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: OOps.........

OOps......... 4 months 19 hours ago #472316

• Niall_McIntosh
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Bailey Unicorn Vigo, Volvo XC60 D5
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OOps......... 4 months 16 hours ago #472347

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1480
Niall_McIntosh wrote:
Well at least it was going in the correct direction :-). And could lay claim to being the first autonomous caravan in the world. Amazing what a couple of electrical motors can do.
Subaru Forester XT 240 bhp, carrying two Springers and towing a Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

OOps......... 4 months 1 hour ago #472380

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 873
I could not see the tow bar when the video reached the tow car so it looks like that came off as it says in the text Very lucky no one injuried except the caravan owners pride.
A good reminder to check the fixings or double check on detachables.
Ray

OOps......... 4 months 50 minutes ago #472388

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
I think this video was shared on another forum - People seemed to think that the Discovery detachable towbar had a habit of detaching whilst in use due to poor design, which was later revised. JLR recommended not using detachable towbars for heavy duty use - despite being rated for 3500KG on a Disco.
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB

OOps......... 4 months 18 minutes ago #472389

• camel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
It's time of year , A1 shut both ways south of Grantham, caravan and car overturned,

OOps......... 3 months 4 weeks ago #472415

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
camel wrote:
It's time of year , A1 shut both ways south of Grantham, caravan and car overturned,

Silly Season?

I know I've gone about an apparent lack of 'due diligence' when observing other caravans on the road where skylights and battery doors have been left open, but we don't know the circumstances of these crashes - On the M1 on Monday the wake from a speeding Range Rover shoved my car so hard I was glad I wasn't towing!
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

OOps......... 3 months 4 weeks ago #472422

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1655
I offer my sympathies to any one who has suffered an injury or loss through a road incident. It's never a desirable thing to happen, and we should all be doing more to prevent such incidents.

I am always anoyed when we see the media interest in road incidents when a caravan is involved, it blows the number of caravan related incidents out of all proportion, especially when the number of incidents involving caravans is a fraction of a percent of all road incidents. It gives the perception that caravanner's are a major problem.

In 99.9% of all road incidents speed is the biggest factor. All drivers should drive in accordance with the prevailing conditions and not exceed the speed limits for the road, but so many drivers habitually speed, and some take such false pride in choosing to break the limits at almost every opportunity.

I frequently use a stretch of the A5 where in a two mile stretch of dual carriage way there are 5 speed cameras set to 40, and 6 sets of traffic lights. It amazes me the number of drivers who hammer on at 50 or more, and then have to brake hard when they approach a camera, or a red light then accelerate hard until next feature. The brake dust and fuel usage must be costing them so much more, not to mention the emisions affecting the air quality.

Plan your journeys properly and allow time to keep your speed in check.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

OOps......... 3 months 4 weeks ago #472425

• Guzzilazz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
The worst part is the comments in response to the article...
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD
The following user(s) said Thank You: CustardAvenger

OOps......... 3 months 4 weeks ago #472431

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
Guzzilazz wrote:
The worst part is the comments in response to the article...

The comments section on the Daily Fail is best avoided.

camel wrote:

Is this what you are referencing?:
www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/lane-reop...at-grantham-9078771/
Paul

Most recent caravan reviews

Coachman Acadia 675 - That attractive, low profile look will be familiar to Coachman fans (© Practical Caravan)
Elddis Avanté 454 - The Avanté looks good with quality moulded front and rear panels (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)