Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Towbars

Towbars 1 week 2 days ago #475040

• gazzers1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,it's been a few years since I asked a question or replied to any. I keep looking in every now and again to see what is going on so l hope everyone's ok and has had a good summer touring around this beautiful country that we live in? I also want to say a great hello to all you new members.
I've come on today to ask if anyone one can help me because I'm going to have to scrape the car that l tow my caravan with but my other car doesn't tow the caravan because it doesn't have a towbar on it. What I would like to know is will the towbar off the Subaru legacy (2001) will fit my forester (56plate) so l don't have to fork out more money than I have to for one to go on my car, any advice greatful.
Gary
bailey ranger s5 470/4 + subaru legacy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Towbars 1 week 1 day ago #475042

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 876
Looking at photos of both bars it seems that they are not interchangeable, so you would have to get the one specifically for your vehicle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzers1

Towbars 1 week 5 hours ago #475093

• Lutz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 126
Even the same model of the same make may require specific towbars, depending on model year and variant, so the chances of the towbar being interchangeable is remote.
BMW X4 3.0d
Dethleffs Beduin 545V

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra - The distinctive exterior has metallic decals (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)