Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hello everyone.

Hello everyone. 12 years 2 months ago #80853

• Olly
  • Expert Boarder
Good morrow.

Helen and I live on the edge of the New Forest not far in land from Bournemouth and have recently bought a two-berth Bailey which we intend to use extensively in our retirement. This we tow with a diesel engined estate car ( space for dogs and bikes etc ). The first trip entailed a clock-wise tour round France from which we have just returned. With the exception of a few hiccups, it went quite well.

The first hiccup in fact occurred on the day of the outward journey as the result of my listening to the radio the day before - let me explain. Whilst riding my bike in the solitude of the Forest and listening to Woman's Hour as you do, I heard a dotty old bat going on about how ladies must first achieve 'Inner Peace' before embarking upon the excitement of life's new journey's.

Apparently the major secret was to finish off everything that had been started but which through uncertainty remained uncompleted. This state of ecstasy, she said, would be like bursting out of a tunnel into the light.

Well, as we were due to 'embark' upon a 'new journey' the following morning AND as we were due to go through the Channel 'Tunnel', I took this as some sort of a sign from the forest fairy's. So not even stopping for a pint, I rushed home and explained to Helen that she must finish off everything that was started and all the rest of the tarradiddle. But sad to relate, she misunderstood the underlying concept.

Before going to bed, she searched the house for all things that were still unfinished as a consequence of which, she finished off a bottle of white wine, an old bottle of Baileys, three Bacardi Breezers, some Prozac and the Valium. This was followed by some cheesecake and a box of chocolates.

On the morning of the outward journey, she said that she had a strange distant feeling which no doubt is why she slept all of the was through the tunnel and half way to Saumur.

Will caravanning always be like this?

Olivier.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello everyone. 12 years 2 months ago #80854

• Ewan_5130997
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Olivier

It must be a woman thing... on our first weekwnd away in our new 6berth Bailey, I went to stock up the fridge with essentials, such as milk, eggs, yogurts etc, only to find all the space taken up with boxes of a rather dubious Pinot grigot........dont think she quite has the hang of the caravan thing yet.

Hello everyone. 12 years 2 months ago #80855

• Fubar
  • Platinum Boarder
Oliver

are you sure it wasn't you who finished off the white wine, Baileys, Bacardi Breezers, Prozac and Valium before you wrote this post??? ;0)

you sound like an slightly-crackpot eccentric old dude, which means you'll fit in to this forum perfectly..... welcome.

kindest regards

Mark (",)

Hello everyone. 12 years 2 months ago #80856

• NorfolkMike
  • Platinum Boarder
You sound both ideal vanners and forum members.

Like you, I do all the realy heavy thinking on the bike, in the Thetford Forest. On one's own the quality of conversation is so much better. As for getting rid of all those things that have been started, think positive! They would only worry in case they started to forment. I also find that it is better to finish what you start when you start it as it only hangs around and more to the point have to transport it. Particularly in France were the weather can even cause it to go off.

ttfn

Hello everyone. 12 years 2 months ago #80857

• NorfolkMike
  • Platinum Boarder
P.S. in case you had not noticed, there are nutters everywere.

ttfn

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 420 - The exterior of the new Phoenix is smartly finished in white GRP, with understated graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)