Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: ANOTHER NEWBIE

ANOTHER NEWBIE 12 years 2 months ago #81240

• Barry_5132760
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everybody,

We (Barry and Lynda) are brand new to caravanning, although we used to be keen boaters on the canals for many years.

We intend to buy a caravan in the new year, primarily for visiting family "doon sooth" - we live in Orkney. We haven't chosen a van yet but like the look of the Continental ones - Hymer, Adria, Burstner etc. We need a four berth, suitable for Winter use and have a Jaguar X-Type 2.5V6 as a two car. Any views on the choice of van or on the suitability of the Jag for towing would be welcomed (Mondeo comparisons excepted!!).

Also, if anybody wants advice or info re travelling to Orkney or Shetland, please let me know.

best wishes

Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ANOTHER NEWBIE 12 years 2 months ago #81241

• RobRoy
  • Gold Boarder
Barry,

You,ve hurt my feelings. My old Mondeo tows my old Elddis Hurricane very well indeed.

Rob S. (Getting old too!)

ANOTHER NEWBIE 12 years 2 months ago #81242

• Ewan_5130997
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Barry

My wife, Grace and I are new to caravanning too. Just bought a Bailey Ranger 550/6 but did look at the Adrias when deciding. Went off them due to the layouts and the fact that I heard the availability of parts can be a problem.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 420 - The exterior of the new Phoenix is smartly finished in white GRP, with understated graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)