Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hi Newbie Here (maybe this weekend!!)

Hi Newbie Here (maybe this weekend!!) 12 years 2 months ago #82161

• ginandtonic1988
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I'm new to caravaning we are tenters usually so upgrading more for me to keep warm at night! We are going to look at Avondale Perle 1991 this weekend and hope that we are going to bring it back home with us. Will I be able to get an oven to go inside it and were would the best place to look?

Thanks in advance

Gin ;-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi Newbie Here (maybe this weekend!!) 12 years 2 months ago #82162

• Anne_5117376
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, we were ex-tenters and fell in love with the first caravan we saw. What a mistake. It was a total rot box. Best advice, take a caravanner with you. Especially one with a good nose for damp or even better a damp meter. Why bother looking to install an oven, look round for bargains this time of year and get a caravan with an oven already installed. Good luck.

Hi Newbie Here (maybe this weekend!!) 12 years 2 months ago #82163

• RobRoy
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Gin,

Molly & I bought a three year old Avondale Perle Orestes SE when it was three years old and kept it for eleven years. When we sold it at the beginning of this year it was still in good condition and bone dry. We had an oven fitted by the dealer before we picked it up.

Suggest you buy from a good/reputable dealer - we bought it from Knowepark Caravans near Livingston.

Rob S.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 420 - The exterior of the new Phoenix is smartly finished in white GRP, with understated graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)