Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key

Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key 2 months 1 week ago #439037

• Grey13
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, I recently bought a very clean good condition Swift Accord van but the seller who bought it new could only supply one main door key. I tried Swift but they insist I deal through a dealer and the local dealer could only offer me a dual set, one standard and one "flip out" key together ate more than I think it is worth. Any smart ideas about getting a second Swift van key?
Reborn caravanner !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key 2 months 1 week ago #439045

• VicMallows
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
Have you looked on ebay? .... every imaginable Swift key available. If it is one of the ubiquitous WDxxxx series keys the going price is around £4. I'm also sure that any local key-cutting shop could help ....but probably more expensive.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by VicMallows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grey13

Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key 2 months 1 week ago #439054

• camel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I had only one caravan door key of the MH type, I went back to my dealer who told me it would be three weeks at least because they are on holiday at the key factory and it would be £18.00, I found a company in Dunstable callled 'Replacement Keys' who charged me £9.00 and I had the key in forty eight hours, the3y do have a web site,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grey13

Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key 2 months 1 week ago #439058

• Grey13
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi I have done just that, a company called Timpson are opening a franchise just down the road and will cut a key for me. Thanks
Reborn caravanner !

Spare / Duplicate Main Van Door Key 2 months 1 week ago #439102

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 223
Timpson are a great company. Great believers in Social Responsibility and doing your bit. As a family they fostered children, they have a policy of employing ex-offenders so that they get a chance of going straight, they will dry clean your suit if you are on job seekers benefits and you have a job interview for free. Their birth son, Edward Timpson was the Tory minister for children. I don't vote Tory but he was great; really understood how it was for Children in Care and foster carers. I have no connection with the Timpson but make a point of getting keys cut there etc.
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH, Grey13

Follow us on