Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Before I put my foot in it.

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468542

• Notmyvan
  • Fresh Boarder
After years o boating I am now looking at buying a Caravan.
I noticed on another Caravan/Motorhome forum that a forum member made a comment about "bad service" from a well known Caravan Dealer and was told off bu the forum management as they have rules against people complaining on the forum.
The boat forum I am used to (Practical Boat Owner) allows boat owners to say if they have had poor service from a boatyard or after ordering something it took weeks to arrive. To me this is what a forum is all about.
I would be grateful for advice as to whether this forum has restrictions.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468545

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1291
Notmyvan wrote:
After years o boating I am now looking at buying a Caravan.
I noticed on another Caravan/Motorhome forum that a forum member made a comment about "bad service" from a well known Caravan Dealer and was told off bu the forum management as they have rules against people complaining on the forum.
The boat forum I am used to (Practical Boat Owner) allows boat owners to say if they have had poor service from a boatyard or after ordering something it took weeks to arrive. To me this is what a forum is all about.
I would be grateful for advice as to whether this forum has restrictions.
Thanks.

Yes if you read the sticky on forum etiquette you will get the information on how this Forum conducts its business. But basically naming and shaming isn’t allowed. Have a look under Our Website. The section on etiquette is in yellow near the top.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by otherclive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Parksy

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468547

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 559
Beware, the green crayon B)
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Thingy.

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468551

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 996
The forum , has rules, best to read them, and the moderators are very good, for when Myself and others get head banging about things, There are ways around asking questions about dealers and suppliers. .
IF you overstep the forums marks the the Mods will help you.

Welcome to a very helpfull forum. .
Hutch
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468552

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1283
Thingy wrote:
There there, dry those tears :lol:
The green moddying crayon only makes an appearance to prevent my forum friends from hurting themselves when they stray from the straight and sunny pathway that is set out in forum etiquette to stumble over the rocky downward path, where the cries of the errant forumites go unheard when the Delete button is pressed. :)
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Before I put my foot in it. 2 months 3 days ago #468555

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 996
Parksy wrote:
Thingy wrote:
There there, dry those tears :lol:
The green moddying crayon only makes an appearance to prevent my forum friends from hurting themselves when they stray from the straight and sunny pathway that is set out in forum etiquette to stumble over the rocky downward path, where the cries of the errant forumites go unheard when the Delete button is pressed. :)

Thanks Parksey, and Damian , in advance.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Most recent caravan reviews

Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Unicorn Merida - The Unicorn range has expanded with the reintroduced rear-washroom floorplan of the Merida (© Practical Caravan)
Caravelair Antarès 406 - The Caravelair Antarés 406 has a revamped exterior with bolder graphics; it looks smart. Plus, there's an exterior mains socket and barbecue and shower points are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)