Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Awnings

Awnings 2 months 2 days ago #468637

• Nimrod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I tow an elddis Xplore 304 and was wondering if anyone can reccomend a reasonable full size awing as i have been useing my old one which has lasted over 20 years, thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awnings 2 months 2 days ago #468638

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 494
I guess most folks would say that if you want the next awning to last 20 years, get an Isabella. However, not cheap. Walker awnings are good poled awnings, ( I have one) and at a lower price point than Isabella.
Dorema now do a full air awning, if you don’t want poles, but I don’t know much else about it.
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....

Awnings 2 months 2 days ago #468639

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 559
Isabella all the way.
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)

Awnings 2 months 2 days ago #468643

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 633
You could always go down the route of a large porch awning like what we have instead of a full awning . Still giving you loads of space and room inside & the porch awning on mine might not be far off as a full size one for you .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Craigyoung.

Awnings 2 months 1 day ago #468662

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 494
Craigyoung wrote:
You could always go down the route of a large porch awning like what we have instead of a full awning . Still giving you loads of space and room inside & the porch awning on mine might not be far off as a full size one for you .

The problem with an Xplore 304 ( a brilliant and tiny van imho) is that the door opens toward the rear and then, between the opened door edge and the rear of the van, you have the toilet cassette locker. By this time the awning rail above has reached the rear curve, so there is very little room to put the wall and pads of a porch awning.
Might be possible though. Very careful measuring would be needed.
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....

Most recent caravan reviews

Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Unicorn Merida - The Unicorn range has expanded with the reintroduced rear-washroom floorplan of the Merida (© Practical Caravan)
Caravelair Antarès 406 - The Caravelair Antarés 406 has a revamped exterior with bolder graphics; it looks smart. Plus, there's an exterior mains socket and barbecue and shower points are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)