Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Awning

Awning 4 months 4 weeks ago #434738

• Sandanca
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi we have recently purchased a 1998 swift allouette. Our first caravan hence trying an older van. We want to purchase a full awning ( used) but confused as it's a 925 some sites quote awning size 900-925 and 925-950 does it matter which I think its size 11 but not all adverts quote size only measurement
Would welcome any advice
Tia
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Awning 4 months 4 weeks ago #434804

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 264
Hi Tia, personally I would go for the 925-950 the reason for this would be to take into account the uneven pitches, if they are always level then the 900-925 would be fine, it's a personal choice but hope it helps.
Sir Gagakev WC (3 BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Sonata Symphony

Awning 4 months 4 weeks ago #434814

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 385
Sound advise on the awning size so won't cover that again.

You are doing exactly the right thing and indeed what many of us would advise in buying an older van to see how it goes. If you hate it you won't lose any money on selling it and you can trade up if you love it. What I would say is that a lot of the time you will end up changing for a van different enough in size that your awning won't fit. You then likely as not will lose on it and have to decide yet again which awning to buy.

Two more failsafe methods when it comes to the awning are to buy second hand or to by a larger porch awning that will hopefully fit a number of vans in the future. Our Isabella Magnum awning (many other manufacturers available) has been on our last three vans. This type of awning can also be added to with an extra annex on one end if you need even more space.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI

Awning 4 months 4 weeks ago #434820

• WoodlandsCamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 494
Gagakev wrote:
Hi Tia, personally I would go for the 925-950 the reason for this would be to take into account the uneven pitches, if they are always level then the 900-925 would be fine, it's a personal choice but hope it helps.

I would have said go for the smaller one. They always have a sod cloth and normally stretchy fixings so any slight shortness can be overcome, whereas if it's too big you will have saggy canvas which you can't tighten. :(
Vauxhall Insignia 2015 2.0 cdti 170PS
Lunar Conquest 462 2012
Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR - member of the Woosie Round Table

Follow us on