Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Maintenance

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423403

  • ProfJohnL
  • ProfJohnL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10999
  • Thank you received: 993
Hello Lizzie

Things seem to be getting back to where we were in most respects now.

It would be interesting to know what changes were planned and why?
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423405

  • WoodlandsCamper
  • WoodlandsCamper's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3776
  • Thank you received: 500
Re Automatic emails for replies:

After a previous upgrade we managed to get you to revert to NOT having automatic reply emails as the default. It now appears that this has gone back to getting emails again. Please could you check.


Edit - or did I accidentally hit the 'Subscribe' key? :unsure:
Vauxhall Insignia 2015 2.0 cdti 170PS
Lunar Conquest 462 2012
Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR - member of the Woosie Round Table
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by WoodlandsCamper.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423417

  • ProfJohnL
  • ProfJohnL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10999
  • Thank you received: 993
WoodlandsCamper wrote:
Re Automatic emails for replies:

After a previous upgrade we managed to get you to revert to NOT having automatic reply emails as the default. It now appears that this has gone back to getting emails again. Please could you check.


Edit - or did I accidentally hit the 'Subscribe' key? :unsure:

I have found tat I am now receiving emails about new postings. THIS MUST STOP. I have not requested them, and if you have reverted to "opt out "rather than "opt in", then you are going to make this contributor very angry.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423421

  • EH52ARH
  • EH52ARH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Posts: 3452
  • Thank you received: 624
I recieved one Email but went back and edited the "subscirbe" to unsubscribe and all has been good. Finger trouble.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423422

  • KeefySher
  • KeefySher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 481
  • Thank you received: 144
ProfJohnL wrote:
WoodlandsCamper wrote:
Re Automatic emails for replies:

After a previous upgrade we managed to get you to revert to NOT having automatic reply emails as the default. It now appears that this has gone back to getting emails again. Please could you check.


Edit - or did I accidentally hit the 'Subscribe' key? :unsure:

I have found tat I am now receiving emails about new postings. THIS MUST STOP. I have not requested them, and if you have reverted to "opt out "rather than "opt in", then you are going to make this contributor very angry.
Dear Mr Angry, I too am getting auto subscribe to thread, however go back to the thread and click unsubscribe until this is fixed. If nothing else it will lower your blood pressure :P :P
2015 Sterling Continental 570
2017 Mercedes Benz GLE350 AMG Line
2015 Bradcot Aspire 390 Air Awning
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423424

  • EH52ARH
  • EH52ARH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Posts: 3452
  • Thank you received: 624
Yes, it looks like as soon as you post it automatically, changes the setting to subscribe. Hopefully the forum team will sort it out.
Mr Calm. :P
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423426

  • EH52ARH
  • EH52ARH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Posts: 3452
  • Thank you received: 624
Just noticed, that when you reply to a post, at the bottom of the reply box, there is a box marked subsription, which by default has the box ticked to be notified of postings on this topic.
Can this be set to Unticked. ?
At present untick the box and you will not get emails.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423427

  • Mel
  • Mel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Posts: 3437
  • Thank you received: 314
Shaving read the above, I went on my profile to see what I may have subscribed to. Nothing coming up in any lists. Also tells me I am offline when the forum tells me I am logged in.
What did you do to the forum?
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423439

  • LizziePope
  • LizziePope's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 282
EH52ARH wrote:
Just noticed, that when you reply to a post, at the bottom of the reply box, there is a box marked subsription, which by default has the box ticked to be notified of postings on this topic.
Can this be set to Unticked. ?
At present untick the box and you will not get emails.

Hi there. I've already requested this and it is in progress!
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Maintenance 1 year 9 months ago #423440

  • LizziePope
  • LizziePope's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 282
ProfJohnL wrote:
It would be interesting to know what changes were planned and why?

No worries – it's very straightforward. Like all software, it needs to be updated every so often to ensure there are no security holes and so on. This update was overdue so, of course, I apologise for the inconvenience caused, but it did need to happen.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent caravan reviews

Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)
Swift Freestyle SE S6 TD_002_w - Swift's Freestyle SE S6 TD is a dealer special edition exclusively retailed by Lowdham Leisureworld (© Niall Hampton/Practical Caravan)