Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Practical Caravan forum avatars

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425037

• Mogwyth
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Parksy wrote:
I don't know of any websites that use Gravatar to be honest :unsure:

All Wordpress powered sites do by default, so I would imagine there are quite a few.
Discovery 3 4,4 V8 :cheer: followed by a Swift Charisma 610
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425044

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 212
Mel wrote:
Does this mean we can ditch the Gravatar account?
Mel

Yes, although Gravatar avatars will still work.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mel

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425047

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 357
Parksy wrote:
Raywood wrote:
I did try to download an image but found it exceeded the site limit. Can you advise what we need to get the image down to for downloading.

If you're using Windows 10, choose your picture from your computer files, double click the chosen image to navigate to the picture editor.
From the toolbar click Edit and crop your picture so maintain the main image but to delete background clutter. Choose 'save a copy' and add the copied edit as your avatar.
My current avatar is originally a picture of me sitting on a seafront bench along with details of the promenade complete with palm trees etc; I cropped it to create a head and shoulders image to fit the avatar.

Thanks, it worked perfectly.
Ray

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425049

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 602
You're welcome Ray.
Electronic 'cropping' is a really useful digital photography technique.
If you have taken a snapshot of something but it appears a wee bit far away with too much background simply crop the things you don't need and the main image will leap 'forward' to occupy the centre of the frame.
You can still save the original and also save a copy of your edit, and if you click to enhance after the crop the light and colour balances are digitally adjusted to produce a reasonable good image.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425051

• saint-spoon
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
YorkieF wrote:
Oh bum, I wished that I'd read this topic then I'd have found your easier way to do it a lot quicker. Never mind, it still gets the old grey matter from seeping out. :)

Is that a P Boat I see?
Hyundia Santa FE 2.2 CRDI 4x4 tugging an Adria altea 552 Tamar... just the wife, the organic alarm clocks (kids) and myself.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 1 week ago #425210

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 222
Hi earlier this week I posted a photo as an Avatar and today decided to change it. The new photo loads correctly and I then save before returning to the forum. When I then look at topics I see my old photo next to my name/profile at the top of the page. The new photo is shown against the various subject topics. But then when I exit the Forum and return the old photo has displaced the new photo everywhere.

Is there a glitch somewhere. the new photo is the same size in KB as the old one.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 5 days ago #425318

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Still cannot get a new avatar to show even though it shows in My Profile and I save it. The feedback tells me that its been saved and updated. Any help most welcome.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 5 days ago #425351

• Parksy
  • Retired
otherclive wrote:
Still cannot get a new avatar to show even though it shows in My Profile and I save it. The feedback tells me that its been saved and updated. Any help most welcome.
Hi Clive.
I've altered my avatar before adding this comment to find out if the problem affects everybody.
Just a suggestion, apologies if you've already tried this.
After you navigate to Edit and then to the Avatar edit and upload your new avatar click the Save button on that internet page.
This will return you to your profile page.
Click on the Save button from the profile page as well and hopefully the new avatar will stay put.
I'm going to go to a different website now before coming back to see if my avatar change has taken effect.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 5 days ago #425352

• Parksy
  • Retired
My new avatar has stayed on ok so if my suggestions about clicking both of the Save buttons doesn't work Clive, we'll go through the procedure step by step. :)
Contact email address:

Practical Caravan forum avatars 1 year 5 days ago #425357

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Parksy
It must have been something to do with the photo that I wanted to use. When I went from the PC Avatar to the Pajero a few days back no problem. Then I decided to change the Pajero for another one showing the dogs, that is when I hit problems. So I have just taken a random photo from the Desktop and its worked first time. So the photo of the dogs must be causing the problem. I had cropped it using Picassa but even when I used the uncropped dogs photo it still wouldn't work, kept reverting to Pajero.

I will go back into my original photo library and use Apple Photo to crop and resize it.

Thanks for the help.

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on