Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I stay 'remembered' on ipad ?

How do I stay 'remembered' on ipad ? 8 months 3 days ago #427529

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 111
Hello Steve, so far as I can see the version of Chrome whice runs under iOS does not have a facility for enabling or otherwise cookies. Certainly not in the Settings section.
Like other Google things e.g. Earth and Maps and Mail it is a cut down version of the Windows version with less features and less access to adjust.
Other websites inform you that they use cookies but not all ask you to click Confirm or Agree.

Looks like it's a compomise you have to accept if you want the portability and general all round good performance of the ipad. Interesting to know if the Android based tablets exhibit the same behaviour.
With pressure on storage space for long stay trips which will become more accute if I follow my present thinking and change vans shortly, I would like to stop carrying a laptop plus power supply plus mouse plus frustrations of W8 or 10 and rely solely on the ipad. I've got a Bluetooth keyboard which helps for long documents and also forms a hard cover, so ditching the laptop is quite attractive.
Thanks again for your interest and suggestions but I think I'll put this one to bed now.

Ray S . 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I stay 'remembered' on ipad ? 8 months 3 days ago #427531

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 159
RayS wrote:
Hello Steve, so far as I can see the version of Chrome whice runs under iOS does not have a facility for enabling or otherwise cookies. Certainly not in the Settings section.
Like other Google things e.g. Earth and Maps and Mail it is a cut down version of the Windows version with less features and less access to adjust.
Other websites inform you that they use cookies but not all ask you to click Confirm or Agree.

Looks like it's a compomise you have to accept if you want the portability and general all round good performance of the ipad. Interesting to know if the Android based tablets exhibit the same behaviour.
With pressure on storage space for long stay trips which will become more accute if I follow my present thinking and change vans shortly, I would like to stop carrying a laptop plus power supply plus mouse plus frustrations of W8 or 10 and rely solely on the ipad. I've got a Bluetooth keyboard which helps for long documents and also forms a hard cover, so ditching the laptop is quite attractive.
Thanks again for your interest and suggestions but I think I'll put this one to bed now.

I sympathise with your dilemma as I have spent the most of the afternoon trying to update and synch Contacts and Documents between MAC OSX Sierra, an iPod , my wife's iPhone and my Windows 10 phone, via iCloud and One Drive. Instead of carrying paperwork spread between cases I thought what could be easier in this connected age! Got it all to function in the end, but I have still copied quite a number of papers anyway as phones tend to loose charge just when you need them. So there's a plethora of chargers and a power pack, not to mention the cameras and their kit and some generous quantities of SPF 30 too. Oh for 53 years ago when I went to Switzerland shortly after my 17th with just a Kodak Brownie and 2 rolls of film, and Dad's car!!
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Follow us on