Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: For Lizzie.

For Lizzie. 9 months 2 weeks ago #428269

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 726
Hello Lizzie,

I have just been looking for the caravan loading guide located in the advice pages of the forum, but its not easily found, becasue the pages have become overrun with product reviews and are not technically advice. Can a better index system be considered for these pages?

But during my search I did fall upon "How to clean a Carver Cascade GE water heater's burner" by Nigel Hutson

www.practicalcaravan.com/advice/35152-ho...water-heaters-burner.

Informative as it is, there is a factual inaccuracy concerning paragraph three when it reports "The Carver Company was bought by the giant German firm Truma" This is misleading.

In this context "Carver Company" actually refers to Carver & Co (Engineers) Ltd. But Truma did not buy this company, they only purchased Carver's touring caravan product designs, the manufacturing facility and a limited right to continue to use the Carver name and logo for a transitional period. Truma had to create a new company called Carver Technology to do so.

Carver & Co (Engineers) Ltd is very much still alive and continues producing industrial clamping products at another location. It is one of several businesses owned and operated by Carver Group Ltd which is a still a family owned international business.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

For Lizzie. 9 months 2 weeks ago #428286

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 212
Thanks! I'll take a look at this.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on