Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now?

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435500

• DrZhivago
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Parksy wrote:
Until we have further information from admin there's not much else that we can do about uploading pictures. Photobucket have placed restrictions on third party use so unfortunately the previous instructions can no longer be followed.
All that needs to be done in the forum recommended procedure* is to replace the word "Photobucket" with the words "a photo or general file hosting service". The words "for example Flickr" could also be added, and perhaps a footnote "some hosting services may charge fees for this". It looks like your post Parksy, so why not edit it it?

Further up this thread both Tukums and myself have demonstrated that you do not have to use Photobucket.

Having said that, the forum instructions are not right for my browser : I see no "picture link icon at the top right indicated by the red arrow"; so I just put the link in manually. I wonder if Flickr might soon follow Photobucket's lead anyway :(

* Hilarious that the upload demonstration picture itself is now replaced by the Photobucket nag notice :lol:
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by DrZhivago.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435505

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 302

Well DrZhivago.......I have just used Parksy's instructions to the letter and as you can see the instructions still work for my particular free Photobucket a/c.
Yes it is probably just a question of time before I will have to change my hosting service but it has not happened yet!!

Speaking of time please bear in mind that Parksy is a volunteer and as such gives his time freely for the good of the forum.

I hope your post was not meant to be critical because it can be read that way :unsure:
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan again!
  GB West Sussex
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Gafferbill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Parksy

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435506

• WoodlandsCamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 496
I had an email overnight from Photobucket saying they have noticed that I use them for 3rd party hosting and that I will need to upgrade (for a fee) to continue that privilege. :( I only use them for this forum and only have about 20 photos on their system.
Vauxhall Insignia 2015 2.0 cdti 170PS
Lunar Conquest 462 2012
Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR - member of the Woosie Round Table

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435508

• Gabsgrandad
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 'Gerrinowd'
  • Thank you received: 247
That's all I used Photobucket for, no other sites, don't know how many pictures I had on, (not alot!) stacks of space was still showing on the usage meter. But 'they' removed every picture I ever put on the PC forum. (you would maybe have thought they would have left on the ones already published, but stopped any new ones from being used?) but no -- well done Photobucket shouldn't think you gained 1 customer by your actions. All my pictures deleted by me, (no point in leaving them) and account closed.
King Gab ('Woosie Greaser')
2014 Swift Ace Statesman +
2011 Freelander SD4 GS
Broughton,
N. Lincs

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435521

• Mogwyth
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
It's not about gaining customers it's about getting rid of what they see as free loaders.
Discovery 3 4,4 V8 :cheer: followed by a Swift Charisma 610

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 1 week ago #435522

• DrZhivago
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Gafferbill wrote:
Well DrZhivago.......I have just used Parksy's instructions to the letter and as you can see the instructions still work for my particular free Photobucket a/c.
It seems to cut off after a certain volume of downloads (I read 2Gb somewhere). WoodlandsCamper (for example) said he is being cut off while having only 20 pics on Photobucket, but the picture size must be multiplied by the number of downloads. Every time one of us (or an un-registered lurker) sees one of his pics on this forum, it is another download; it can soon tot up.

Gafferbill wrote:
Speaking of time please bear in mind that Parksy is a volunteer and as such gives his time freely for the good of the forum. I hope your post was not meant to be critical because it can be read that way :unsure:
I certainly did not mean to criticise Parksy, he's doing a great job :) It is just that Parksy said : Until we have further information from admin there's not much else that we can do about uploading pictures. I was pointing out that the current advice is contained in a post by himself, not by admin, so I was suggesting that he edits it at least to reflect the current situation regarding Photobucket and that eg Flickr could be used instead.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by DrZhivago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gafferbill

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 6 days ago #435578

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 212
Hi everyone. Apologies for the slow reply, I've been out the office. Just to reassure you that we are looking into this.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 6 days ago #435581

• Gabsgrandad
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 'Gerrinowd'
  • Thank you received: 247
Flickr -- tried to sign up , but keeps coming back to get a Yahoo e mail address, does it mean 'adding' a further address? -- Anyone know?
King Gab ('Woosie Greaser')
2014 Swift Ace Statesman +
2011 Freelander SD4 GS
Broughton,
N. Lincs

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 6 days ago #435583

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
Instructions or not I can't cope with it all so until I can just click a button to select a photo from my albums on the laptop I won't be posting any pictures. :(

Lets face it, it took years for me to go pink and that was on about the 20th attempt :whistle:
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy
The following user(s) said Thank You: colin-yorkshire

Photobucket - Costing $399 pa Now? 5 months 5 days ago #435601

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 602
Gafferbill wrote:
Speaking of time please bear in mind that Parksy is a volunteer and as such gives his time freely for the good of the forum. I hope your post was not meant to be critical because it can be read that way :unsure:
DrZhivago wrote:
I certainly did not mean to criticise Parksy, he's doing a great job :) It is just that Parksy said : Until we have further information from admin there's not much else that we can do about uploading pictures. I was pointing out that the current advice is contained in a post by himself, not by admin, so I was suggesting that he edits it at least to reflect the current situation regarding Photobucket and that eg Flickr could be used instead.

Thanks for your kind words Bill :)
Unfortunately I've had an extremely busy couple of days at home at the same time that my mainframe computer has decided to produce 'the black screen of death'.
I haven't had time to resolve the computer issue, and it's awkward, can be time consuming and can lead to mistakes if I attempt to carry out larger edits via my phone.
I know that Photobucket have placed restrictions on their free hosting service and as previously mentioned there are other free hosting services available which can be found via Google.
Admin decide the method to be used for.the posting of photographs and images and they are currently deciding how best to resolve the issues surrounding Photobucket, which is another reason why I haven't yet edited the instructions that I provided some time ago. When I know what approach forum admin decide to take I'll post the relevant instructions, in the meantime I'll delete the sticky containing the Photobucket instructions if that will help.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on